Gods Eater Burst

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:02 PM

Found this in my local GAME recently, never heard of it before hand and it looked interesting so I took a punt on it. Its set in a future where new life forms known as Aragami, they are impervious to conventional weapons and human kind has been devastated. God Eaters, the humans who can fight the Aragami, use God Arcs which only compatible people can use. You play a new God Eater who is a new type, meaning you can use Guns and Blades.

Basically, its similar in its basic play to Monster Hunter but there is an attempt to attach a story to the missioning. I'm not too far in but I'm enjoying it a lot, the story is enjoyable so far and hopefully it'll carry on in the same ilk.

Character progression is achieved by equipment upgrades/crafting. Guns, blades and shield are the most obvious type to talk about.

Its going for around 10 on eBay. Anyone else played this? I'll post some more if people are interested.

#2 Willei

Willei

This is what I think of games

• Founding Member
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

Did you end up playing this much Ad? I originally had it pre-ordered but it was declared as a Game exclusive in the UK about a month before launch. It's had a PSP Essentials release now and it available everywhere as a result.

The idea of Monster Hunter with more story and direction is an appealing one in this country at least.

#3 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

Played it loads. Over 30 hours. I haven't ever given enough time to Monster Hunter to give detailed comparison though.

There story progresses nicely enough, its not amazing in its telling but its good enough for the kind of game it is. I would say if you do like MoHun then Gods Eater is definitely something you should look into.

I haven't done too much with farming, which is obviously a big turn on for MoHun nerds but its definitely in there and the game helps by telling you exactly what is found in each of the mission areas and what monsters drop what.

I really did enjoy it. Its just a shame nobody else played it or I'd have been discussing it when it was all a lot fresher in my mind.

#4 Willei

Willei

• Founding Member
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

The PSP Essentials release is actually now available in websites, I'm guessing not many retail stores will have picked it up. 9.99 RRP, 6.99 from Zavvi, still 23.99 on PSN. It boggles the mind. Seeing as it's Namco, they've either forgotten about the game entirely or they're just happy with that price anyway.

#5 Willei

Willei

• Founding Member
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

Finally got the price drop with a load of other PSP games this week on PSN! It's down to a reasonable 8. Just gotta set aside the time to actually play it now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users