• Steam Profile

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

Wow £10 quid increase on a years sub is a bit steep

#137 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

I'm not subbed to the UK one but to be honest the only thing keeping me on is the save backup for Vita letting me go between handheld and Vita TV. Once the games dry up for Vita I'm off.

#138 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:00 PM

https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/B00OU020RW

£42 for £25. I got two!

Edit: or maybe not!

Edited by uiruki, 28 July 2017 - 04:17 PM.

#139 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

Just as you suspected, everything I have told you is gibberish

• Admin
  • 8,859 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

That's probably me done with Playstation Plus, then. As a Vita and PS3 owner, I'm no longer getting anything of worth from the deal. I've kept the sub up so that I can still play the free games that I've obtained over the years that are still worth playing - the MGS collection, Okami HD, Binding of Isaac, etc. - but it's going to be cheaper for me to pick up copies of most of them, even if I still want them by the point that my membership expires (January), than it will be to renew.

The online gaming space has become so fractured over the last five or six years that even if I owned a PS4, it's highly unlikely that anyone from my friends list would be playing the same multiplayer games that I would be, at the same time, so not only is there no justification for Sony to hike the price like this, there's also not really any justification for retaining my membership any longer.

#140 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,275 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:57 AM

If I didn't have so many good PS+ games I'd be tempted to drop +. I don't actually play much multiplayer, i'm 99% single player only, so I'd not really miss it in that respect. But Destiny 2 just happens to be out this year so it will make sure I keep my sub for the next year or so at least so I'm stuck either way!

#141 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

Just as you suspected, everything I have told you is gibberish

• Admin
  • 8,859 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

We're likely to get a PS4 in te next few weeks and the only thing even slightly making me reconsider my decision is Destiny 2. I could get the PC version, but I doubt my machine could handle it. That said, I've plenty else to play still and the only reason I'd be getting D2 is because I got a bit fed up of reading all the stuff about the original game and not being able to try it out for myself (there seemed fuck-all point in getting the 360 or PS3 versions).

Has anybody else seen the 15 month PSN offer that's currently on the Vita store? It mentions absolutely nothing about Vita or PS3 support now - the listing just talks about the benefits to PS4 owners. Sure, PS3 owners haven't seen any benefits from membership for ages now, but Vita's still been getting 'free' games, at least. I'm taking the listing as infering that that's about to stop.

#142 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:15 PM

I suspect that'll be in terms of the free games; you'll probably still need it for the save game online backup.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, Vita, PS4, PS3, Playstation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users