Game Center CX

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

I'm surprised it has stayed up this long. Fuji TV are normally pretty sharp on copyright stuff.

#32 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

Just as you suspected, everything I have told you is gibberish

• Admin
  • 8,859 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

It just strikes me as being the same thing as happened with Cave and their 360 games. Somebody shows a bit of interest and gives one an official translation, the company suddenly believes that this means that every single release from now on will be snapped up by eager western companies.

And, of course, it never works out, because it turns out that the western company mistook a vocal minorty for a majority, so the sales figures don't get near to the projections. Result = western audience inevitably loses out.

#33 hankwang

hankwang

please stop typing William

• Founding Member
  • 8,666 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Or it could be (and indeed is) that some US distributor has actually snapped up *something*, possibly the DVD or the subbing of more episodes, for a video-on-demand service and Fuji wish to protect that investment.

Don't let facts get in the way of anything, like.

QUOTE(uiruki @ Mar 11 2013, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm surprised it has stayed up this long. Fuji TV are normally pretty sharp on copyright stuff.

IIRC the ones GamingCX uploaded were "unlisted" so it's not something Fuji could have just easily scanned YouTube for, I think.

#34 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

Just as you suspected, everything I have told you is gibberish

• Admin
  • 8,859 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Those'd be the facts that weren't available - or, at least, widely known - until after I'd posted, yeah?

Anyway, all the subbed epsiodes have vanished from YouTube now. Personally, I think it stinks. Preventing any future unofficial subs, fine. I'm not the sort of person who usually complains about freebies vanishing - I buy official anime DVD releases, for example, rather than downloading fansubs, because I'd like to ensure that we continue to get official releases - but this is a different matter. Without all those fansubs, there wouldn't even be an English-speaking audience for this show. The whole reason why it's now a financially viable option is entirely because of the work of the people who've put all the work to date.

#35 hankwang

hankwang

please stop typing William

• Founding Member
  • 8,666 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(E. Randy Dupre @ Mar 19 2013, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those'd be the facts that weren't available - or, at least, widely known - until after I'd posted, yeah?

Because waiting a couple of days for the dust to settle before flying in waving pitchforks isn't possible. I forget this.

YouTube is YouTube, relying on them to eternally host illegal content is foolish. This content is available elsewhere (the SA torrent tracker is one of the cleanest, fastest and well supported torrent network I've ever used) and SA GCCX will continue to sub the episodes until they are either C&D'd or officially licensed elsewhere (they're releasing 2 episodes next week according to the SA thread), just like the vast majority of fansubbers and their own personal ethics.

SA GCCX don't even support GamingCX's YouTube efforts BECAUSE THEY STEAL THEIR SUBS WITHOUT CREDITING THEM UNGGGHARGH.gif

The thing you should actually be worrying about is that the VOD deal is US only. When you can't get the content anywhere and not even be able to pay for it, that's a problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users