5 replies to this topic

#1 plopboy

plopboy

I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses

• Admin
  • 3,491 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:26 AM

I played the first one quite a bit and progressed through the story and did a few raids and stuff and really enjoyed it.

So I started up the second which found my save from the first one and gave me a brief update of my progress show in stills and the date which I completed the bit which was quite nice and I was able to start the game with my existing character, but not any of my stuff.

The game starts of linking the two games together with a tutorial scene setting type bit which is nice and has a couple of good set pieces. The combat is still very good and familiar to the first game and the voice acting is spot.

You then get to start the game proper from the base.

So far so good and I was really enjoying it but then it started crashing. Now to put in context I don't have a PS4 Pro just a bog standard PS4 and have tried rebuilding the database, deleting and reinstalling it along with the massive first day patch, even tried a new character but still crashing every 10 minutes or so.

I even tried it with a new character but it crashed again.

It looks like I'm not alone https://www.gamespot...s/1100-6453184/.

So I decided to send it back as I got a physical copy from Amazon and I get the PC version when it comes out, as it will be cheaper and I don't think the Xbox has any problems and therefore I'm thinking it is an issue with my specific PS4

Also the PC version is appears to run well on lower spec PCs

https://www.youtube....h?v=9lgLfSj4-oA

II think I've just been unlucky as most of the people I see on the PS4 seem to be running the game just fine.

#2 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, I'm waiting for the PC version myself as it sounds like they've done it right.

Were you able to get a full refund on sending back? If so, who did you order from - that's useful info in case anything like that happens to me.

#3 plopboy

plopboy

I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses

• Admin
  • 3,491 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

Yep full refund. I ordered it from Amazon directly and to send it back I selected 'Return or Replace Item' from my order page.  Then I selected 'Performance or quality not adequate' drop down, said it was crashing in the text box and then I just had to print off the prepaid envelope.

I don't think it works for market place orders, only directly from Amazon.

#4 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:47 PM

Fair enough! I remember they replaced my first Vita for dead pixels without any bother too.

#5 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

I've been playing this for a couple of days. PS4 Pro, 1080p TV etc. and thankfully haven't had any issues. Looks and runs really nice. Still incredibly addictive and handcannons still rock. The inclusion of actual story and cutscenes is sure nice, and missions are way better now. Even Patrols are way improved thanks to marking events on the map and fleshing them out into far more fun activities.

Basically this game feels a lot like D1, except even better. Really happy with it so far and can't wait to see where the story goes next.

#6 qazimod

qazimod

• Founding Member
  • 2,453 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

I've enjoyed what I've played so far - no crashes for me yet - but I'm still in the middle of the campaign. D1's lifespan was determined by the strikes, strike playlists, events like Iron Banner and other things that offered a little bit of progress for your character. So I'll have to wait and see how grindy the "post-game" is.

Right now, however, there's a bunch of things to do, and the guardian abilities and enemies are a lot of fun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps4, xbox one, pc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users