Photo

Post your latest Retro buys or Collections!

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#271 plopboy

plopboy

I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses

• Admin
  • 3,496 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

I have no idea why Spike is upside down on the mobile skin.

#272 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

Dont let Kiddy Kong see that, he will hunt you down and rob you if he doesn't own it already.

#273 plopboy

plopboy

I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses

• Admin
  • 3,496 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

He might put a bounty on my head :P

#274 Bassman

Bassman
  • Donator
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

My latest purchase was a Gameboy Advance (second hand) as my original did not come off too well after the installation of an Afterburner. The "new" one is not in bad condition, but I am tempted to try to use the case from my old one to improve its appearance.

#275 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

I bought Street Fighter EX2 Plus when in Japan after some great matches with a friend of a friend on the arcade version. I'd been really bummed out by the crappy selection in retro game stores in Tokyo but I found it instantly on Amazon. Nearly bought a brand new copy!

And yes, in spite of having a PS4 waiting for me and countless games I had bought, the first thing I did on returning home was plug in the PS3 and put EX2 on.

#276 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

Just as you suspected, everything I have told you is gibberish

• Admin
  • 8,859 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

NGPC Puzzle Link 2!

Attached File  Photo0349.jpg   236.71KB   0 downloads

Which just leaves Gals Fighters and Cool Boarders Pocket as the two remaining European releases that I really want, maybe also Shanghai Pocket. Although I'm under no illusions as to how likely it is that I'll ever get near the last two of those.

#277 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

Just as you suspected, everything I have told you is gibberish

• Admin
  • 8,859 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hang on, I appear not to own Magical Drop. I was sure I did, but I might be getting confused with the Saturn versions. Eff. Add that to the list.

#278 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,275 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

PC Engine games are awesome. I still have a heap I got at the start of the year that I need to play... Its a magnificent console that had some really impressive arcade ports considering the consoles power. Splatterhouse is one of my standout games for the year, it was a really addictive title that I ended up completing several times through, Jackie Chan is a very close second...

I really miss picing up Retro stuff, not got any for quite a while now (since the PC Engine stuff probably). Megaman has hit rock bottom and I can't find anything new that I need (the new merch looks unimpressive and overpriced, I have all the games I could want) and as Capcom won't make a new game I'll be pinning all my hopes on Mighty Number 9.

I bought Street Fighter EX2 Plus when in Japan after some great matches with a friend of a friend on the arcade version. I'd been really bummed out by the crappy selection in retro game stores in Tokyo but I found it instantly on Amazon. Nearly bought a brand new copy!

And yes, in spite of having a PS4 waiting for me and countless games I had bought, the first thing I did on returning home was plug in the PS3 and put EX2 on.

I just love the soundtrack on that game and I really like many of the characters added (Garuda, Skullomania, V Rosso, Jack, Shadow Geist). I just wish EX3 wasn't so mishandled at the PS3's launch, I was so disapointed in regards to content and modes in that game when I got it, especially against Tekken Tag.

Edited by shadowman, 19 December 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#279 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

That they left out a non-tag single player option and the weirdness with the trial mode kind of ruined EX3, even after it really got shown up graphically by TTT (and that slowdown!). EX Plus is the one I played most both in the arcade and at home, and I think that game possibly has the best arranged soundtrack ever, even better than KOF '96. The arranged soundtrack was a bit weak on EX2 in my opinion, especially given the raw, harsh sound of the chip driven arcade version that I really liked.

I tweeted to a couple of Arika guys that I played EX2 first and Ichiro Mihara thought it was pretty funny.

#280 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,275 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

That they left out a non-tag single player option and the weirdness with the trial mode kind of ruined EX3, even after it really got shown up graphically by TTT (and that slowdown!). EX Plus is the one I played most both in the arcade and at home, and I think that game possibly has the best arranged soundtrack ever, even better than KOF '96. The arranged soundtrack was a bit weak on EX2 in my opinion, especially given the raw, harsh sound of the chip driven arcade version that I really liked.

I tweeted to a couple of Arika guys that I played EX2 first and Ichiro Mihara thought it was pretty funny.

EX+@ arranged soundtrack was godly. I'd play several songs non stop back in the day (Garuda's theme to this day remains my favourite fighting game theme that isn't attached to Geese Howard or Rugal B). I'd play the challenge mode just to hear the themes. Then again going back to the challenges now I find I can actually do most of them! Still can't link Guiles supers to save my life though. EX2+ is a hard one for me, the OST for the arcade version has lots of great tracks on it, and yeah they are really raw and powerful and the AST kind of watered a few down :( On the other hand I thought Garuda's theme was bloody brilliant again (why did they have to bring Bison back? Just make Garuda and Karie the main badasses of the series like in EX2).

That said there is an Arranged album for EX2 that is worth checking out (in my opinion) that has cracking remixes of Karie's, Garuda's and Shadow Geist's themes as well as the Crash Power Plant (and regarding that stage, why was it relegated to a VS mode stage in EX2+? I loved that stage and music in the arcade original).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users