Photo

WRASSLIN!

• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:17 PM

I am also a bit concerd because of Kurt Angle. I just hope he will rest as much as possible the weeks or months until his in-ring debut because he will need it. On the other hand though I am really happy because TNA signed him. It will give TNA a really big boost and make them more competitive which may help US Wrestling in total. And seriously but a match like Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle has the potential to be the best US Wrestling match in years, even better than the several HBK vs Angle Matches we saw last year.

#32 Singho

Singho

U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:27 PM

I dont really see anything special with Samoa Joe though. I just dont like him, although it doesnt matter if Angle will be fighting him, ill have someone to cheer him on against to beat. biggrin.gif

No Mercy was quite good actually, especially the Hardy vs Helms opener, the return of Benoit vs Regal...who is just such a vicous bastard himself! Regal is so good to listen to in the segments, funny as hell along with King BoooooKArgggghhhh who is so obviously pissing himself laughing when in that role. The main event was quite enjoyable though, although the ending was a bit of cop out. Oh yeah, how could I forget, Kennedy vs Undertaker! I like where they are going with this.

The Raw family reuninon happened on Monday as well, and I was really enjoying it till they gave John Cena another massive boost to his character. Like he isnt invincible enough already! But I suppose they had to, what with his film coming out this week. I just hope we stop seeing damn commercials for it all the time now. Oh, and one of the best things to happen, Edge & Randy Orton teaming up to take on the relics that are DX! Finnally, someone who can stand up to them and not come across as a joke. Cade and Murdock...pfffft. xD

Gonna watch last nights ECW, hope its good! biggrin.gif

#33 hankwang

hankwang

please stop typing William

• Founding Member
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 04:59 PM

OH SHIT!!!

#34 davejm

davejm

Joy.Discovery.Invention

• Admin
  • 3,646 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:08 PM

I read somewhere there are a load of fake nWo vs DX posters on the net, so I wouldn't assume anything. Wouldn't surprise me though.

#35 Olympichero

Olympichero
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:52 PM

Not been watching wrestling much lately though the whole Angle to TNA thing was ohmy.gif:o:O worthy. Don't get sky over here and no bittorrent so can't really keep up.

Did see UFC last night though and holy shit Franklin got a lesson on the Thai Clinch.

LOOK AT HIS NOSE! LOOK AT IT

#36 Singho

Singho

U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:56 AM

OOOOOOF, fucking hell! >_<

I still havnt seen ANY Tito vs Shamrock III, it so poorly advertised over here. Always find out the fight is over or the result before I get to watch it.

As for the nWo\DX thing...It could happen I guess, but no way as soon as Survivor Series. Bischoff has been promoting his book the past few weeks and has dropped the nWo name quite a few times. The thing is though Hall and Nash are still at TNA. So is Road Dogg and Billy Gunn...so I cant see it happening that soon. >_<; They also need to make sure Hogan fronts the nWo, anyone else and it just wont work. Not in a wrestler capacity as I am sure he has had enough now, but as a figure head just barking instructions at people...BROTHER!

Oh...everyone has to be watching tommorow...CRYME TIME!

"OH! Now I know you want to see that again playa...REMIX!"

laugh.gif

#37 Singho

Singho

U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:50 PM

ACK...forgot to post last week. ;\/

Anyway, complete RANDOMNESS last week. In a nutshell, Britney Spears boyfriend came into the ring, plugged his album and got FU'd by John Cena.

Also, Cryme Tyme were awesome. xD They beasted Spirit Squad and stole Booker T's wallet.

"I DONT SPEAK EBONICS!" laugh.gif

Kurt Angle was on TNA Bound for Glory PPV, havnt watched it yet, so I will let you dudes knnow (the few who care ;() if i still think TNA is ass.

MORE CRYME TYME!

\o/

#38 Singho

Singho

U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:54 AM

YES, IM STILL WATCHING THIS!

Watched the TNA ppv last week...jesus. It wasnt bad, I just didnt care. The roster technically were probably better wrestlers than the majority of WWE\ECW dudes, but all I was thinking was "Who the fuck are these guys?". That may change the more I watch it, but one thing that caught my attention about last weeks TNA was the Angle and Samoa Joe fued. That shit had me AMPED!

You know you are getting into somthing when you are sat watching a show at 6am shouting "FUCK HIM UP!! GO ON, BUST HIM BUST HIM!" xd.gif For a taste...watch this.

They had an even better ruck at the PPV and the following weekly show, but thats not on youtube. Also, Angles TNA theme muzak is a bit too ace. ;p

Raw\ECW...I cant really remember anything from it. All I remember is probably one of the best segments I have seen in years. Get this...KEVIN FEDERLINE...as a BOSS HEEL. His cronies? Big Show and KING BOOOKER. Anyway watch this...

laugh.gif Booker got wasted. xd.gif and by Cena of all people.

Hmmm what else, yeah, I have totally lost any info or knowledge about MMA stuff such as UFC and Pride. Need to get back into that, cos theres only so much Sports Entertainment Drama you can take. xD For example, I had no clue about the Tito vs Shamrock III...Gutted. Still aint seen it though.

#39 hankwang

hankwang

please stop typing William

• Founding Member
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:08 PM

LOL FAROOQ!

#40 Hollywood Haggar

Hollywood Haggar
  • 275 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:31 PM

"DAMN!" laugh.gif

This thread is nothing without the obligatory bumps and botches video.

SHUT EM DOWN! ph34r.gif

Edited by Hollywood Haggar, 31 October 2006 - 07:32 PM.

#41 Singho

Singho

U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:44 PM

Aye, thats an ace botch video. I cant find the one with the DX Presedential announcment, that was a great botch video too.

Anyway, just to follow up the earlier TNA thing I said, that quite a lot of its wrestlers have great ability rather than half the dead jokers on WWE...watch this move. This guy is in TNA

His name? Petey Williams...PETEY! xD

#42 Singho

Singho

U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:12 AM

Been a big week for Fights this week! Just finished watching the long awaited fight between Matt Hughes (who recently beat Royce Gracie) vs George Saint Pierre. As with most UFC matches, matches rarely go past the first or second round. laugh.gif

Was a great fight, heres a highlight video of the actual fighting. The ring entrances and preparation was x 3 the length of the actual fight. Watch it quick though, will probably be taken down by youtube soon. smile.gif

Quite a tense match, lots of drama and takedown counters as well as some heavy hits.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

TNA GENESIS was also aired on Sunday with the long awaited match between Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe. Not watched it yet, so will update this post when I have done.

#43 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:45 AM

Bah, you have boxing in the thread title but theres been no mention whatsoever of it sad.gif

David Haye was fighting on Friday, the second proper challenge of his career (he lost the first). The guy he was fighting was squat, fucking big, never been beaten and could take punches all day day. Twas an excellent fight.

That was the 6th. Twas Hayes best, as the youtube link suggests.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The one fight Haye did lose a few years back was probably the most fun I've had watching a fight ever. I went to the fight with my brother's but they were cheering on Haye whereas I supported Carl Thompson. Thompson looked absolutely finished in the 3rd or 4th round because Haye was just hammering him with everything he had. Thompson was the hardest hitter in the division and managed to catch Haye just on his nose and from there Haye's energy began to fall due to the sheer exertion he had put in previous and so did his confidence.

This meant Thompson had the opportunity to punish Haye and he did. Stopped Haye in the 5th or 6th round I think it was. I searched for a video of it anywhere but theres nothing sad.gif

The best thing about it all is that Carl Thompson was very old, about 37-39. Whereas Haye is very young.

#44 Oracle

Oracle
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:25 AM

Haye caught himwith some good shots in the first vid, he really started to slow down and drop his guard.

one section he tries to step in and just stumbles into the corner, hayes dances around him.

Nice

Then the guy shakes his head lol, from there i t was just a waiting game...

#45 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:37 AM

My problem with Haye is that he seems to load up on literally every punch. Thats the reason lots of people question his stamina, he needs to learn that not everybody can be bombed out in 4-6 rounds.

He was very impressive on Friday but he still tried to put full power into every punch. Im hoping he can take Oneil Bell in May next year then move a weight. Being heavyweight will be a big challenge for him, but I think he can make his mark on what seems to be the worst heavyweight division for a long long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users