• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheShend

TheShend

You know it is, it really is!

• Founding Member
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

Out of all the entertainments, I like to keep in with music over film, TV, reading etc. Being able to passively listen to it while driving to work helps enormously. I'm not a subscriber to any streaming service yet, as I still like the physical CD, art an' all.

Usually I come across stuff listening to BBC 6 Music and a few youtube channels I'm subscribed too.

My most recent purchase is from Tiny Tears with 'Brightly Painted One'

15303-brightly-painted-one.jpg

Mainly off the strength of this song 'Carriages' which I thought was lovely.

On to podcasts, I've recently subscribed to Love + Radio using the bloody excellent Pocket Casts app.
I'm enjoying how well they put together the monthly stories with music, it's very listenable. I can heartily recommend the episode 'Insane vs Unsane' as an introduction. It's diffciult not to go through a range of emotions listening to these people's stories, especially the opening speaker, he's fabulous.

Edited by TheShend, 03 June 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#2 qazimod

qazimod

• Founding Member
  • 2,457 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

I've had people poke fun at me because I still buy physical CDs, but I often find that I'm more likely to make impulse buys or find something awesome I never knew about by thumbing through whatever's on offer in stores. iTunes is far from perfect and there is probably a few bits and pieces I have that would be hard to find on their store, so it's good to dabble with physical purchases. Aside from gaming it's probably the only other entertainment format that I invest so much in. Generally I'll listen to anything, though my favourite genre of late has probably been dance/electronica, with a bit of rap and R&B on the side.

Oh, and the last album I bought was probably Mr. Scruff's Friendly Bacteria, which has some amazingly catchy beats :)

#3 TheShend

TheShend

You know it is, it really is!

• Founding Member
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

Anyone else been keeping up with the podcast 'Serial'?

It's a series of episodes dealing with different aspects of a murder case from 1999. Very compelling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users