The Fitness Thread

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Mistress Cella_*

Guest_Mistress Cella_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:00 AM

well I had a pathetic dinner last night...

I decieded to go shopping last night....I got home after 8... I was figureing the ol man would have cooked but he didnt so last night I ended up ordering pizza it was just to late to cook...

So instead of eating the pizza as a whole I only ate the cheese off it.

surely this cant be good for you but not as bad for you as if I would have eaten the crust and bread part.

im so stupid.

#32 hankwang

hankwang

please stop typing William

• Founding Member
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:05 AM

Was just taking a look at the list of activities on WiiFit (push-ups, skipping (lol broken balance board) and jogging are in there) and I share Sark's view, providing it makes you exert the same energy as a regular workout. I can also see you'd have to be motivated and not want to cheat to get through the end of something like, I dunno, stick the cat on there at weigh in or something.

You would have to want it. I can easily see 9/10 people buying WiiFit as their first step or ENTIRE step to getting fit will play it once and then toss it asides in a Brain Training manner.

Valkenty is right - eating more and burning it off is better.

#33 sark

sark

Inventor of *singho face*

• 1,498 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(hankwang @ Feb 1 2008, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
stick the cat on there at weigh in or something.

Ty. First office belly laugh of the day.

biggrin.gif

#34 DjSatansfury

DjSatansfury
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:49 AM

I've got my bike in storage. When i get around to it, im going to see about seeing if i can clear space in the shed, and scoot up the old railway lines around here.

WTB More Space tbh.

#35 Shy

Shy

♥ Little Big Planet

• 1,261 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE(sark @ Jan 31 2008, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
skipping meals and putting your body into starvation mode wont help you lose some of your weight, DJ. I can tell you that from experience.

Actually it will help you lose weight in time! But it'd mess up just about everything else in your body too >>;

Cella, theres this book, a top seller in the UK and US called "Skinny B*tch." It gets people really motivated to work out and eat healthy and will give you many tips on what foods to eat and what to avoid to shed pounds quick. It's an easy and fast read. The only problem is the book can be offensive. It's a blunt, honest, in your face kind of book and occasionally calls the reader a fat a$$ and other insults. I think it promotes a vegan diet, but other than that it does tell you loads of food that you can eat and shed weight quick. Kind of a hard core diet book. Just mentioning if you're interested. I was trying to find diet books yesterday to suggest to the thread and found that one since it was different.

Edited by Shy, 01 February 2008 - 08:22 PM.

#36 Guest_Mistress Cella_*

Guest_Mistress Cella_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 12:31 AM

today was officially "FAT FRIDAY" at my work

I did good, I ordered a buffalo chicken salad with balsamic vinegrette dressing.

I skipped the ice cream

atm muching on some chicken.

thank you for the book recomandation shy! sounds like my kind of book! smile.gif

#37 Guest_Mistress Cella_*

Guest_Mistress Cella_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:18 AM

another fit day fer me.

frosted mini wheats with low fat milk.

french onion soup with side house salad w/ balsamic vinagrette dressing.

Tommorow is Super Bowl Sunday. I will be cheating tommorow.

#38 Shy

Shy

♥ Little Big Planet

• 1,261 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE(Mistress Cella @ Feb 2 2008, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
frosted mini wheats with low fat milk.

<3 One of my favorite cereals.

Edited by Shy, 03 February 2008 - 01:24 AM.

#39 Guest_Mistress Cella_*

Guest_Mistress Cella_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:28 AM

yea...It is lovely and oh so hard to beleive its good for you to!

well I dont know that its good for you for a fact I am just assuming it's healthier than my other fav cereal Frosted Flakes. smile.gif

I could live off cereal alone tbh.

I love hunny bunches of oats
fruit loops

whats the yellow boxed one that comes in a silver bag, is yellow balls like and is made of corn? I cant remember the name but dam that stuff is good to.

I tried Barbie fairy topia cereal a few weeks ago and honestly the stuff was slammen.

raisen bran
cookie crisp

I could go on and on.

#40 Guest_Mistress Cella_*

Guest_Mistress Cella_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:24 AM

Im still hanging in there....

I think im over the lethargy symptoms of quitting sugar.

I will be wieghing myslef today at work to see if all these efforts have paid off. I'm hoping to be atleast 1 pound less than I was before.

I'm really liking those progresso weight watcher soups....me and my friend Sandi aka grandma got into an arguement at lunch yesterday...she was bitching at me about the sodium count in my soup which was around 800 mg......so to make her happy I dumped out nearly all the broth n had the vegatables.....I found it ironic that as she was bitching to me about my soups sodium levels she was doing so while eating a bag of ruffles potato chips.

nice. biggrin.gif

#41 Kokanshu

Kokanshu
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:14 PM

I have recently found myself enamoured of Kettle Chips' 'parsnip crisps.' They don't taste of Parsnips, imo, but they're bloody tasty and less fat/etc then regular crisps.

#42 Guest_Mistress Cella_*

Guest_Mistress Cella_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:19 PM

I weighed myself on 2 differnt scales this morning because I thought the first one was lying to me but infact it was not because the 2nd scale said the same

I quit Sugar 8 days ago, Ive watched what I have eaten for approximatley 8 days.

I have lost 8 pounds.

I repeat I have lost 8 pounds in 8 days.

I cant beleive this is possible...but both scales cannot be wrong.

#43 Shy

Shy

♥ Little Big Planet

• 1,261 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:55 AM

Good. Now keep it up. No stopping.

Here is more tips for weight loss if you're interested:

If you’re looking for a simple, practical way to spring-clean your system, how about trying a 5-day juice FEAST? Taking a break from solid foods and instead fueling your body on only fresh, raw, nutrient-rich juices is a great way to cleanse. The body gets a rest from digesting and can use that energy instead to clear out old accumulated waste. You will also be getting a break from any refined sugars, processed starches, animal products, other cooked foods or stimulants you may normally ingest. This makes a HUGE difference for most people. You’ll lose weight, feel lighter and cleaner and best of all, can use this break as a spring-board into a healthier lifestyle afterwards.

Linky

#44 Guest_Mistress Cella_*

Guest_Mistress Cella_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:21 AM

I dunno girl....no solid food for 5 days..thats a long time to not eat. im just going to continue onward with my mission the way I been doing it, I'm really convinced its the quitting of the sugar thats boosted me along....it was amazing how horrible I felt the first 3 days of having no added sugar in anything I ate or drank...I totally felt the effects...I could barely keep my eyes open, I felt like I had a hangover ....now 9 days later I'm full of energy...I'm usually in bed quite early because I get lethargic feeling after 8...for the last few nights Ive been bright eyed and bushy tailed into 11 pm which really just never happens with me...

I'm thinking by the early evening I was crashing from all the sugar I consumed during the day and it added to my feeling exhausted by 8...

you would never think a little thing like sugar could have such an impact on the way you feel.

again I am a big coffee drinker and the minimum amount of coffee I drink per day is 2 cups of coffee at home and 2 great ones from DD during the day, so as you can see I was consuming alot of sugar there.

a regular sugar to me is 2 teaspoons...a regular sugar to DD great one is 6 teaspoons.

thank you for the linky just the same.

#45 DjSatansfury

DjSatansfury
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:59 AM

Juice feast?

Load of bollocks

Ill stick to my solids, ta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users