The Fitness Thread

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mistress Cella_*

Guest_Mistress Cella_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

So I quit sugar and have been feeling quite lethargic.

I found out a person actually withdraws from sugar and here are some of the symptoms.

irritability
manic-depressive tendencies
chronic or frequent bouts of depression
difficulty concentrating
forgetfulness or absentmindedness
lack of motivation
increasing undependability
loss of enthusiasm for plans and projects
inconsistency in thoughts and actions
situational personality changes
irrational thoughts
emotional outbursts
eating disorders

http://www.livrite.com/sugar1.htm

I was really suprised by all these symptoms.

anyone else here changing thier life styles or trying like a trooper to?

Edited by Mistress Cella, 30 January 2008 - 07:18 PM.

#2 Kokanshu

Kokanshu
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

As far as I know, you do need some amount of sugar in your diet to stay alive. Or do you mean you've just quit things that you know to be heavily sugar based?

I'm considering developing an eating disorder. Seems like it'd be the only way to stop my weight from dropping and then piling back on. (I AM JOKING BEFORE ANYONE THINKS I'M BEING SERIOUS.)

#3 Guest_Mistress Cella_*

Guest_Mistress Cella_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:30 PM

well sugars are found naturally in just about everything you eat. I am quitting the reguler pepsi's which I recentley started drinking again...why I dont know...I am also quitting putting granulated sugar in my coffee.

see the thing is..I dont eat alot.. I have however got caught up in the ordering out trap when I'm at work...Fat Fridays have become fat Monday - Fridays at my job. and I'm basically on my arse all day at work except for the mornings....so I'm sitting down for most of the day, eating subs, drinking coffee with reg sugar....and you know what..Ive gained 40 pounds since I started working here 2 and half years ago. I quit smoking inbetween which also contributed to a few of those pounds...

I figure if I quit sugar and start bringing in my own lunches the weight should really melt away. I am also eager for wii fitness to be released in the U.S. as I plan on using this as my mode of excersice as I despise working out in gyms. I have been playing wii sports every night and have found my arms quit sore from all the golf I have been playing.....but it's the hips I need to shed the weight not so much the arms.

#4 disco

disco

Boogie's got me in a supertrance.

• Donator
  • 2,708 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:20 PM

Cella - take up dance classes to lose weight from the hips.

Koka - sleep regular hours (I seem to remember you saying you sleep really crappy hours) and stop eating so much Pizza. Also, get some regular exercise in.

I reckn once I get over my sciatica this time I'm going to either join a gym, or find some form of after work exercise if I casn find a mate who wants to do the same. I need to get a lot fitter or else I'll my body is going to fall apart before I'm 40...

#5 Kokanshu

Kokanshu
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:56 PM

I sleep fine hours, they're just not the same way around as other people. I'm awake more at night and asleep more during the day. And where you got the idea I eat a lot of pizza I don't know. The most I have it is twice a month.

#6 disco

disco

Boogie's got me in a supertrance.

• Donator
  • 2,708 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:12 PM

Sorry, I thought I read somewhere that you ate it a lot. Maybe it was Dark Hime then, or Melody...

#7 Guest_Mistress Cella_*

Guest_Mistress Cella_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:32 PM

probably me :/

#8 Shy

Shy

♥ Little Big Planet

• 1,261 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(disco @ Jan 30 2008, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cella - take up dance classes to lose weight from the hips.

I second this. Seriously, dancing is so good for your body. You''re having fun while also shedding calories.

Bike ridding (once the weather get's warmer since we're still getting snow!)

Swimming (same ^)

and you can find random tips online on how to do semi-exercises at work or at home while doing stuff that could work if you kept at it long enough.

If you're like me you might not get motivated unless you have a friend or some friendly competition. So influence a friend to work out with you! \o/ 'Cause cutting out sugar and soft drinks aren't going to work that great. It will, but not as well as you might think! (It doesn't tone ya ;x)

oh oh! I know awesome toning tummy exercises for anyone interested. I have the most awesome tummy! That's a shameless brag.

#9 sark

sark

Inventor of *singho face*

• 1,498 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:59 AM

I have restarted going to the gym now that the new year warriors have fallen off a bit.

Is this going to turn into a confessional style thread?

#10 Guest_Mistress Cella_*

Guest_Mistress Cella_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:11 AM

me and my freind Val joined the gym last year together....I have gone once, she still hasnt made it there yet...how pathetic are we? I ended up going with crazy Joe from work and we were in the back on the treadmills and theres Joe going on and on about the womans ass directley infront of him....I was embarressed not only for myself but for the poor woman he was talking about...I felt like the place was nothing more but a meat market...

I didnt enjoy myself at all...it sucked the desire to work out at a gym right out of me. which again brings me back to being excited for wii fitness to come out.

I agree about the dance lessons...I have alot of puerto rican freinds whenever we go out , we are salsa dancing all night long....I feel it hard the next day....its no wonder most latino ladies have perfect little bodys.

#11 sark

sark

• 1,498 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

If you talked like that at my gym, youd be out.

So instead, I perv quietly, looking at the impossibly slim and yet also curvy sex bitch who seems to always be at the gym, then look at her seriously pumped bf who is always with her with the noneckers in the weights bit, this I imagine how they might have impossibly pretty and healthy sex....possibly followed by carrot juice.

Fuck em. As my missus says, why go out for Fillet Steak when you have a 4 pack of frozen Ross beefburger with onions at home.

#12 Ciaran

Ciaran
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE(Mistress Cella @ Jan 31 2008, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didnt enjoy myself at all...it sucked the desire to work out at a gym right out of me. which again brings me back to being excited for wii fitness to come out.

I really can't see wiifit replacing any proper workout, its all low intensity stuff would burn no where near the calories of running/cycling/swimming/gym visit etc.

#13 sark

sark

• 1,498 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:54 AM

Ill, play it, but only for a top up, so to speak.

I would imagine though, Ciaran, if someone was determined enough to put in some regular hours, it would have an effect. I got lots fitter a year or so ago on a diet of nightly DDR. Obv I pissed it all away with a frenzied Maccys binge, but it worked, though.

#14 Guest_Mistress Cella_*

Guest_Mistress Cella_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

I was a good girl today. for lunch I have a best life progresso vegatable soup...under 100 calories and all that good stuff.

*sighs*

#15 Shy

Shy

♥ Little Big Planet

• 1,261 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:54 PM

Why are you sighing, Cella?

You can eat the regular stuff you eat if you don't want to stick with healthy junk, but you just have to put the effort into working it off later on in the day too. That's all.

Best thing really to stay healthy and to quicken your metabolism is to eat small but frequent meals throughout the day with at least 60 minutes of exercise once-twice a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users