PC PS4

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

This is fantastic. I'm not sure how much input Eugene Jarvis had on this but it really feels like a new Midway game mixed in with the rechargeable dash/special weapon style of Housemarque.

It's all about scooting around small arenas saving the humans from big robots with twin stick controls; LT will make you dash (upgradeable!) and RT lets you use one of six secondary weapons. These all seem pretty good. I like sniping stuff with the power shot and dashing towards a robot that's about to kill a human and blitzing it in one slash of the sword.

There's not really that much to say about it; it's 12 quid on Steam, runs great on my system and has loads and loads and loads of secrets - luckily paired up with a leaderboard replay download system so you can see what you're missing. Leaderboards are cross format too so no excuses - just get it! Don't worry about the difficulty either, the "default" novice mode is super easy and I almost finished it on my first go.

#2 qazimod

qazimod

• Founding Member
  • 2,457 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

I loved the initial trailer for this and early word-of-mouth has been pretty positive. Also it's Housemarque so it was always going to be good.

I haven't picked it up yet - June-July is going to be a little busy for my games schedule! - but it's definitely something I'll pick up eventually.

#3 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,275 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

It looks amazing. I've got it downloaded and ready to play, but yesterday I ended up on Resogun and Mega Man yet again so it may take me a couple of days to get to it. But what I've seen totally sold me on the game.

#4 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,275 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

So I've been hammering this over the last couple of weeks and have now managed to get the platinum trophy on the game after quite a bit of effort!

Its really, really good! Its very simple to pick up and learn, and the game does a great job of easing new enemy types into the game across each level, but make no mistake its pretty darn tough (especially on the last couple of levels), expect to fail a few times before you get things down properly, but after a few tries you should be 1cc'ing the game.

And that's actually one of the only issues with the game (especially on harder difficulties). When you lose all your lives you can continue, which is good. But on Veteran difficulty and higher you lose all your power ups, so if your on later levels it'll be near impossible to progress. If your on certain boss battles (like the 5th boss) your basically screwed.

But the game has tons of lives in each of the 6 levels hidden so really its just a matter of learning the levels and learning their locations, its tough for sure but its infinitely easier compared to actually trying to continue after a certain point!

If your a fan of House Marques games, or lightning fast twin stick shooters be sure to give this a shot, its one of the best I've played.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, PS4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users