PC PS4

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

This is fantastic. I'm not sure how much input Eugene Jarvis had on this but it really feels like a new Midway game mixed in with the rechargeable dash/special weapon style of Housemarque.

It's all about scooting around small arenas saving the humans from big robots with twin stick controls; LT will make you dash (upgradeable!) and RT lets you use one of six secondary weapons. These all seem pretty good. I like sniping stuff with the power shot and dashing towards a robot that's about to kill a human and blitzing it in one slash of the sword.

There's not really that much to say about it; it's 12 quid on Steam, runs great on my system and has loads and loads and loads of secrets - luckily paired up with a leaderboard replay download system so you can see what you're missing. Leaderboards are cross format too so no excuses - just get it! Don't worry about the difficulty either, the "default" novice mode is super easy and I almost finished it on my first go.

#2 qazimod

qazimod

• Founding Member
  • 2,441 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

I loved the initial trailer for this and early word-of-mouth has been pretty positive. Also it's Housemarque so it was always going to be good.

I haven't picked it up yet - June-July is going to be a little busy for my games schedule! - but it's definitely something I'll pick up eventually.

#3 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,234 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

It looks amazing. I've got it downloaded and ready to play, but yesterday I ended up on Resogun and Mega Man yet again so it may take me a couple of days to get to it. But what I've seen totally sold me on the game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, PS4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users