• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Singho

Singho

U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:12 PM

Yeah, so this came out of the blue at E3 2015 as well.

I was quite annoyed that XBLA games were not able to be transferred over to XBONE in the past, but obviously, reasons.

I've got a large library as I am sure most of us have here.  So it's a good thing that I could go back and revisit some of these games and polish off a few that I never got time to doing previously.  What was surprising was the fact that disc based games will work as well.

At the very least, this might put a halt on all of these "Remasters" that have been filling up the XBONE library at the moment.

I've got Geo Wars 2, Hexic, Perfect Dark and Battle Block Theater on my Xbone working at the moment.  Everything seems to be smooth enough so far.  It's only available to Preview Members at the moment, but if anyone wants an invite, let me know and I will send you one.

#2 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:56 AM

I'm really impressed with how they've managed to do this - something to do with running a virtual machine of the Xbox 360 operating system, rather than directly emulating the hardware.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it works, especially with that Rare Replay disc coming in August.

#3 ssmmdd

ssmmdd
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:44 PM

I wasn't interested in getting an XBOne - until this happened.

#4 TheShend

TheShend

You know it is, it really is!

• Founding Member
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

You can also vote for the game you want to see get BC. Which means you all want to vote for this obviously!

#5 Electric Boogaloo

Electric Boogaloo

Uncle Benon

• Founding Member
  • 5,277 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

You can also vote for the game you want to see get BC. Which means you all want to vote for this obviously!

DONE!

#6 plopboy

plopboy

I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses

• Admin
  • 3,491 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:39 AM

I did and I don't even have an xbox, because well Street Fighter.

#7 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:54 AM

Apparently over 100 titles when it launches in November. Hope that the various Japan-only shooters are on that list (and that changing the region in settings does what I think it does) because if it's a pain setting up my 360 slim, it's a massive pain setting up my Japanese non-HDMI unit.

#8 TheShend

TheShend

• Founding Member
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

So this has come on leaps and bounds eh?

There's almost 300 360 titles on BC now. Radiant Silvergun being a lovely little addition the other week.

At E3 they announced OG Xbox BC. I've got PoP: SoT and Super Monkey Ball ready to go and I'm fairly sure will still hold up.

MS commitment to make sure the Xbox catalogue of titles continue to not only work on future hardware like the X1X, but also take advantage of the extra grunt. Maybe we'll get a stable frame rate in Dark Souls' Blighttown.

I can only see this a positive step. Making it so much easier to revisit older games while enjoying more solid frame-rates & modern resolutions.

Then there's the 4K patches. Will this mean the death of the HD remake?

There's a summer of Halo celebration been announced. Halo 5 will get 4K update and the 360 Halo titles will be coming to BC rather than just available via MCC. I have ODST on 360 which I grabbed for a quid at the local carboot recently. I was quite surprised it wasn't already on BC, but with this announcement I can play it without the huge install of MCC.

backcompatibility_visid_comingsoon-ca2fa

Edited by TheShend, 06 July 2017 - 06:43 PM.

#9 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

It's really nice just to be able to click and go with that stuff. Every time I turn on my Xbox there are new titles waiting for me to download them too, which is great.

I must admit, the potential of an even better performing VM for 360 stuff is about the only thing that might convince me to look at the Xbone X.

#10 TheShend

TheShend

• Founding Member
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

Metal Gear Rising came onto BC last week.

It's price went up in CEX to £8 same day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users