3 replies to this topic

#1 davejm

davejm

Joy.Discovery.Invention

• Admin
  • 3,646 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

Anyone else playing this beaut?!  It's really good!

I'm always a sucker for games that look like this.  I think they look a lot nicer than games aiming for 'realism'; there's something charming about them.  So this grabbed my attention for it's looks, without necessarily knowing what the gameplay was like.  I then saw some gameplay footage just before release and knew this would be something I'd enjoy.

It's an exploration/adventure game where you traverse the environment; solving simple environmental puzzles (flipping switches, collecting keys, activating light totems etc) before moving on to the next section.  It's pretty simple stuff (nothing brain taxing like the Witness) and it's just a really nice calming adventure game with wonderful design and lovely music.  I've played a few hours so far and have finished the first main section, and it reminds me of Journey but with more puzzles - though, as mentioned quite simple ones.

I've heard the ending is really strong, so I'm looking forward to exploring more of the world.  Just really charming stuff. 

#2 plopboy

plopboy

I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses

• Admin
  • 3,497 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

I've ordered it so I'm waiting for it to arrive. I like the look of the art style which seems to be quite in t fashion at the moment.

#3 plopboy

plopboy

I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses

• Admin
  • 3,497 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:42 PM

So I started this a few days ago and have just finished it, so a few thoughts.

The graphics are very nice and give a real sense of atmosphere and the music is equally nice and changes to suits the mood.

Gameplay wise it starts with some interesting but not too difficult puzzles, but as the game went on it felt like the amount of time wandering about grew longer and the the amount of puzzles less. The puzzles did get a little more complicated but they didn't get difficult and I go as far as saying they where all pretty easy.

It is also a little on the short side padded out with some long walking bits.

So all in all, it was nice but didn't feel like a wow that was great game, just ok.

#4 davejm

davejm

Joy.Discovery.Invention

• Admin
  • 3,646 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:18 AM

Yeah, I've been meaning to post about this again.

I think I felt the same as you Plop.  I didn't mind that the puzzles remained simple (I'd have given up on it otherwise; I'm shit at puzzles) but towards the end there was definitely more wandering and just moving from A to B.  There were some really strong sections (the sentinels were) but I'd have liked more 'wow' moments; for sure.  The end felt a bit flat for me too.  I felt a bit confused about what was happening; and despite it clicking pretty quickly I didn't feel that connected to what was happening for some reason.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS4, Xbox One, PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users