• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 hankwang

hankwang

please stop typing William

• Founding Member
  • 8,666 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

Aight, let's kick it off. The once great, now... small Electronic Entertainment Expo starts next Monday with Microsoft's press conference and concludes on Thursday.

Press conference times, then:
- MS, Monday, 10:30am Pacific (6:30pm GMT)
- Nintendo, Tuesday, 9am Pacific (5pm GMT)
- Sony, Tuesday, 11:30am Pacific (7:30 GMT)

And Capcom's exhibition lineup looks something like this:

Street Fighter IV: Final arcade code running on a heaping handful of arcade machines.
Resident Evil 5: Game of show? Quite possibly!
Dark Void: Also playable, also awesome. Snazzed up since CAPTIVATE08 and ready to totally jetpack your face.
Bionic Commando: New areas and enemies, now playable on console!
Mega Man 9: Put on your retro hats and prepare for a major challenge.
MotoGP '08: This year's installment of the fastest-growing motorsport on two wheels. We'll be running the 360 version.
Neopets Puzzle Adventure: Surprise hit from CAPTIVATE08, we've got more to show on this puzzle adventure game created by the guys who brought you Puzzle Quest.
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix: A new batch of characters will be selectable for hi-def brawling.
Plunder: Something new is happening with our digital pirate's booty
Bionic Commando Rearmed: It's almost out, and we're showing it one last time.
New games-on-the-go from Capcom Interactive, our mobile group
Plus a new super-secret project, Flock!

(taken from Filefront)

Join in! Speculation, lineups, anecdotes, all welcome.

#2 Gunstar

Gunstar

Running out of Turbo

• 845 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:01 PM

I'd love to see more new IP get announced, not really UBER excited about anything on that list (except Resi 5, which I've seen enough off and want, like right now). More fighting games Capcom please! -preferably 2D tongue.gif.

Bungie's new game announced? really interested to see what the studio does after so many years of Halo.

What the HELL is Shinji Mikami up to???

Footage/More footage of Mirror's Edge, BGE2, ICO3(!) and the Platinum Games portfolio would be awesome.

More platformers from Nintendo, NSMB2!!

I predict a surprise announcement of Shenmue 3, in fact Boog has already confirmed this to me biggrin.gif....

#3 hankwang

hankwang

please stop typing William

• Founding Member
  • 8,666 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:20 PM

The rumour mill is suggesting that Microsoft intend to lead with Forza 3 and Alan Wake, and Nintendo's big announcement is supposed to be Kid Icarus for Wii, so I'd suggest any big new IP is inbound from Sony if there is to be some.

I'll quite happily take Forza 3 footage and details from Microsoft though!

#4 Corrupt Rose

Corrupt Rose

Invaders must be scolded sternly

• 3,031 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:31 PM

I'm immensely interested in Alan Wake, provided they can make it something more than Grand Theft Cthulhu. Some of the tech demos we've seen are absolutely bonkers, so I've given some consideration as to whether to get my PC upgraded closer the time and get it on that platform.

I shall be watching this game with great hope.

#5 Singho

Singho

U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:34 PM

Like Gunstar, the main set of games i'm looking forward to are coming from are mainly from Capcom. Resident Evil 5, I REALLY REALLY NEED to see this being played. Some kind of stage demonstration of the first area showing the gun play and especially the new melee and dodging mechanic. I really think the main game can be nothing short of awesome, I really hope it exceeds my expectations as a few big hitters that have come out this year haven't exactly set my gaming world alight.

The only other thing I would love to see not on the list in the first post is an announcment of another Zombie game...DEAD RISING II!! (always in CAPS!) I still think it is one of the best games on the 360, and just thinking about how awesome and great they got that game, having everything from DEAD RISING as a base and Capcom then building upon what they had with it...minds can only be blown. It had it's issues and there was clearly lots of stuff that could have done with tweaking or adding, but thats what Capcom do best.

I want more wrestling moves, I want more costumes, I want more meaty gun mechanics, I want some insane rag doll and exploding body parts, I want MORE ZOMBIES, I need more Erotica Zomba camera snap oppertunities, I NEED MORE FRANK WEST!

HE'S COVERED FUCKING WARS...DON'T YKNOW!!!!!

Shit, I just remembered where the game left off in the original, can't wait to see how they will actually pull off what they were suggesting. It can only be big and things can only get messy, read into that what you want.

Other then that, I want to see some new games that are not Resistence 2 and Killzone 2 for the PS3. Little Big Planet sounded interesting but I've not read anything about that for a while.

From Nintendo, I don't know what I want. Most of their big franchises that they rely on are already out such as Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Metroid, Mario and Zelda. I suppose they could announce a new Zelda, but I don't think I would be that hyped for it anyway. Kid Icarus...meh, will need to be somthing incredibly special as I have no experience of the NES game, so the nostalgia feeling of that is lost on me.

WAIT...PILOTWINGS PLEASE!

#6 Singho

Singho

U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:44 AM

Half Life 2: Episode 3 bits and bobs too. Still need to finish Ep 2 though!

#7 Gunstar

Gunstar

Running out of Turbo

• 845 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:04 AM

oh man, a new Pilotwings game *drroooooooooooooooooool*

THIS IS THE TURNING POINT FOR SONY: http://www.jp.playst.../title/lastguy/

It's over, go home and be a family man.

#8 Jakeway

Jakeway

Gentleman First

• 6,460 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:47 AM

I cant wait to find out some more about Gears Of War 2, Resident Evil 4 and although I doubt Id buy it, Forza 3, which going by rumours sounds like its had a massive amount added to it.

Anything on a Dead Rising II would be great, but I cant see it happening. Id quite like to see a DR:SE with lots of added stuff, Id buy it.

Other than that I cant say I am too worried about anything else. Unless MS announce some Dash Updates.

#9 SniperDave

SniperDave

The Pokmon Prof

• Founding Member
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(Gunstar @ Jul 11 2008, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THIS IS THE TURNING POINT FOR SONY: http://www.jp.playst.../title/lastguy/

"THE LAST GUY... IN THE WORLD... #1 GAME." - lol, awesome.

Can't say I'm really bothered about anything on that list except RE5 though.

#10 Jakeway

Jakeway

Gentleman First

• 6,460 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

That Last Guy? That the hell is that video all about?

#11 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

I think my source of hype recently has been the PS3 itself. There are ever increasingly more games coming to my attention that I need.

Valkyria Chronicles is the game thats really grabbing me at the moment.

Lets hope some more promising games are announced at E3. I've held out thus far but this event could tip me over the edge.

#12 Garibaldi

Garibaldi

All hail King Biscuit!

• Founding Member
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

Nintendo needs to dig deep, the Wii lineup is already beginning to fizzle out and bringing unpleasant flashbacks of the Gamecube's limping life to the fore. Here's hoping for some exciting new IP from Sony as well, MGS4 and Siren aren't quite enough to persuade me to invest, but even though a game like The Last Guy will never be a system seller I'd say it was moving in the right direction ( in ideas, at least ).

Apart from all that, I'm easy like sunday morning, as long as they announce and release Duke Nukem 3D for XBLA during the event. Replaying Doom reminded me of how much I love the old style FPS games, come to think of it Doom 2 wouldn't go amiss either ( although it was a big dissapointment for me at the time ).

#13 Gunstar

Gunstar

Running out of Turbo

• 845 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE(Jakeway @ Jul 13 2008, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That Last Guy? That the hell is that video all about?

The game itself is some sort of top down shooter (I think) for PSN, the video was two scoops of awesome.

QUOTE(Garibaldi)
but even though a game like The Last Guy will never be a system seller I'd say it was moving in the right direction

Says you! I predict 11 million PS3s sold as a result of this game, on day one. How can the #1 game shift anything less? biggrin.gif

Zone of the Enders 3 confirmed/shown would blow minds.

#14 Bangai Joe

Bangai Joe
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

I would like a new 2D Mario game. smile.gif

Also really looking forward to Resident Evil 5.

My "out there" guess for a random or suprise game will be...Resident Evil 4 DS! It's bound to happen sooner or later, so I'm calling it now.

#15 Electric Boogaloo

Electric Boogaloo

Uncle Benon

• Founding Member
  • 5,277 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

I heard a while back that Nintendo are announcing some more 'traditional' games this year. Can't wait to see what they've got, Kotaku think it's Animal Crossing and Punchout. Can't complain with them at all.

I'd rather not see anything on RE5, I'll buy it regardless, and it'll be fantastic. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users