PS3 PS4

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

I'll probably get them all, except Arena I think. Not too keen on the idea of buying a fighting game I don't like in order to get the sequel to another bad Arc visual novel that I didn't like.

Q looks like it could be great, and an intelligent use of the Etrian engine. I like the sound of five-character battles and the newest additions brought to the Etrian engine, while (hopefully!) having the faster and more obvious character progression of Persona. One thing I'd love to see on the Vita side (but would never happen) is a collaboration with Team Muramasa, the Demon Gaze people. They've pushed user-friendliness and complex but fun and breakable systems to their current zenith in dungeon RPGs and it'd be great to see them work on something with a bit more weight behind it in terms of visual and audio design.

I wasn't too sure about the dancing one at first, but if it's by the people who did Project Diva F and has as many remixes and collaborations as they're suggesting it could be great. I still think Diva is worth it as a music game alone even if Vocaloid music is very hit or miss for me, so the things on the periphery don't matter too much. Good to hear Kuma's voice is less fucked-up than it was in Persona 4 Golden too - I was worried for the actor.

As for P5 itself, stuff like that is the reason why I've just bought a replacement Japanese PS3. I don't want to take a chance by keeping on with my old one.

#17 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Isn't PS3 region free? Why do you need a spare Japanese one?

#18 plopboy

plopboy

I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses

• Admin
  • 3,497 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yes the PS3 is region free but Atlus region locked Persona Arena so they may do it again?

#19 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

Mainly because I've had a Japanese PS3 since 2006 and I really don't want to have to deal with changing from circle to X for confirm. I was considering getting one in the UK for a while, but then this trip to Japan became possible so I held off.

#20 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

Just as you suspected, everything I have told you is gibberish

• Admin
  • 8,859 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

I'm a bit miffed that Persona has become almost the be-all and end-all of SMT, as far as Atlus are concerned. I get why - it's the money-maker outside of Japan - but the thing that used to make SMT so exciting was how its lore and gameplay concepts would get squeezed into an insane range of different settings. I certainly don't mind that these games are being developed - I'm looking forwards to seeing what they do with PQ, in particular - but  wish they were part of a wider, more balanced SMT campaign.

#21 Moodmon

Moodmon
  • Founding Member
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

Didn't SMT IV got a release this year?  Actually, is that every coming to EU?  I understand the point, but it has been 4 years since the original P4 came out.  Us fanboys are ravenous man.  Plus no-one cares about Arena after the region locking rubbish Atlus pulled.

#22 qazimod

qazimod

• Founding Member
  • 2,458 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

I certainly like the idea of SMT - a bunch of themes and traditions that loosely link a bunch of titles that can have wildly varying story, characters, gameplay - and even though I'm pretty awful at most of the other games, I still become interested when a new SMT title is announced. Besides, since P4 we've had Devil Survivor, Strange Journey, SMT IV... so it's nice that they're still experimenting with other offshoots. :)

#23 Moodmon

Moodmon
  • Founding Member
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

Not only do we get Edgar Allan Bro, we got it on PS4. Sadly looks like delayed to a catch all 2015, but YYYEEAAAHHHH.

#24 qazimod

qazimod

• Founding Member
  • 2,458 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

Best news. I was all set to get a PS4 for months but the P5 PS3 announcement kind of threw a wrench in my plans - buying a new current-gen system and a PS3 wouldn't look too good for the expenditure trackers after all ;) - however, this works out perfectly. Also the scramble and the phones remind me of TWEWY a little, but it's only a cinematic so I can't judge too quickly.

Edited by qazimod, 01 September 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#25 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,275 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

I'm glad this is coming to the PS4 (along with loads of other games that were shown off yesterday in Sony's pre TGS show). I still use my PS3 but I much prefer to play games these days on my PS4 - better resolution, frame rate, controller, OS etc. so seeing this get a PS4 release makes me happy. Though I still need to properly play the last two games and the ASW fighter.

#26 qazimod

qazimod

• Founding Member
  • 2,458 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

New trailer, including first snippets of gameplay!

I love the cartoony 3D models - very Catherine :D , as is the locale at 1:18 . There's a possible new... thing at 1:47, as that seems to be in-game and sees the character dashing to cover. There are glimpses of the command menu at 1:34, with "Co-operation" being an interesting additional option, and the Equip menu now separates your Weapon with a Gun (which might be a callback to the original Persona?)

#27 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:59 PM

Still no dates for this then?

I love the style, is this the best franchise around?

#28 qazimod

qazimod

• Founding Member
  • 2,458 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

Still no dates for this then?

Nothing more specific than what's already been suggested in trailers - "Winter 2014" for Japan, "2015" for North America. A few people have wondered if it'll even see a PS3 release in the west, but considering that P4 was released for the PS2 in 2009 I'd like to think it's still possible.

#29 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

I bloody hope it comes out for PS3, cant afford a PS4 right now.

#30 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

Yeah, there's no chance of it not - Sony have already done the work convincing then to release on 3 and 4. I wonder if it'll be like Ryu ga Gotoku is now - 720/30 on PS3 and 1080/60 on PS4. The visuals have enough style snd flair for it to work, I reckon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS3, PS4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users