#1 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

Just as you suspected, everything I have told you is gibberish

• Admin
  • 8,859 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:56 PM

Thought we could do with one of these.

Just got myself a new slim 360. I've managed to find my hard drive data transfer doohickey, but I seem to have lost the disc that came with it. Does anybody know if it's possible to download the software and rip it to a CD? I'll be a bit annoyed if I've got to fork out for another transfer kit, just to get the CD.

#2 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

• Admin
  • 8,859 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

Aaand never mind. I just discovered that the CD isn't needed any longer.

#3 hankwang

hankwang

please stop typing William

• Founding Member
  • 8,666 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

I have the C--oh never mind.

#4 plopboy

plopboy

I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses

• Admin
  • 3,497 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

Can you go from a phat to slim?

#5 SniperDave

SniperDave

The Pokémon Prof

• Founding Member
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

Only with some exercise, a healthy diet and good willpower.

#6 Jakeway

Jakeway

Gentleman First

• 6,460 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

I have a random Q.

On my Xbox... when I got to My Music and I find the Select Source Page, I am snow a list, HDD, USB, Disc and My Laptop.

Now my Laptop is no longer set up to stream muisc to my Xbox. Soooo... HOW DO I DELETE THIS OPTION?

There doesnt seem to be a way at all.

#7 bowser123

bowser123

Habadoodee! With a Reep-a-nazza.

• Moderators
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

Sorry, not much of a random gaming question and more of a make me money on eBay type affair.

Got quite giddy yesterday searching through my SNES games and comparing completed sales with what I own. Turns out my Castlevania IV and Shadowrun are worth (well, not worth but folk pay) like £40-£50 for each. Which was a very pleasant surprise, genuinely had no idea that's what they can go for. Was sat with jaw gaping in honesty. I basically searched eBay final sales, Amazon and a quick look at forum sales (NTSC and AV) for my prices, just wondering if there's some site that has a price guide?

Funny thing is the US games, even on the UK site, go for a fraction of their PAL equivalent which seems mental to me as the US games are generally superior. In honesty quite tempted to try and sell all my SNES games as I only play them emulated nowadays anyway.

#8 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:01 PM

No site recommendations, sadly. I generally search eBay and thats about it. Obviously if I sell them on a forum the prices drop accordingly because eBay has a big premium.

#9 bowser123

bowser123

• Moderators
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

Yeah, I've got a rough idea of prices and there's two sets, one for eBay and a lower price for forums. Personally even on eBay I've been selling for about 10% less than the equivalent item normally goes for. Thinking being I'm happy with what I'm getting and it's miles more than I expected so I'm happy, plus stuff seems to be selling.

Been an interesting experience so far selling on eBay, first time I've done it for years. Few things have caught my eye, for the good and bad.

+ First off their fees are reasonable I thought. 9% final sale (only selling games) and sub 50p to list, it's lots less than Amazon. I've found that items can and do sell for more than forums so even after costs I'm getting more.

- Paypal domination is unfair. Wasn't aware that every sale had to have Paypal, you literally are use paypal or go away aren't you? I miss no PP Gift option, still even with that it works out less fees than Amazon.

+ It obviously has a huge user base and reach. What has shocked me is that within minutes of listing I've had numerous questions from literally all over the world. What's that about, do people sit searching all day or is it automated that they get an email the second "Game Y Excellent Condition" is listed?

- Some of eBay's requirements are shite and misleading. "Free listing" they scream. Err, only if you've a recent history of selling, though haven't sold too much and only if you've got 5 stars. I have 150+ 100% feedback (about 1/3 seller, 2/3 buyer) but that's not good enough for them as it was in the last year as a seller so no free listings. Another thing of great bullshit is that starting prices must be 40% less than BIN as of this month. I'm like get lost, it's my item and sale!

Just unsure what to do with my GBA stuff. The high value items I will list at stupid, high TEH RAREZ eBay prices and grin like a loon. It's the other stuff that's worth about 8-15£ I'm uncertain of. I don't want to start it at 99p and see it go for £3, I'd rather not sell. But likewise many of them haven't been sold on there recently/ aren't there now so I'm unsure of their value and what to set as the BIN. I guess that's where a reserve price comes in? It'd be so much easier if it was free listings for me.
The one thing in my favour is that all my GBA games are real and in perfect nick, which is something of a rarity on eBay so I figure there must be some scope for me there.

#10 plopboy

plopboy

• Admin
  • 3,497 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

You could always set a bigish BIN but have the 'make an offer' option available, Ive bought a few things this way and it might be a bit more reassuring for you and the punter feels like they are getting a bargin?

Edited by plopboy, 22 May 2011 - 08:39 AM.

#11 bowser123

bowser123

• Moderators
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

Yeah, that could be another good way to go as it'd mean my item doesn't go for pence but likewise gives scope if it's too high. Sounds a plan actually, might list 3 or 4 GBA games that way rather than the 50 odd in one go and pay loads in 30p starting prices.

Amazon and more specifically Play they seem to let you list your item for an insertion fee and then it stays on their shop forever, basically until it's sold/ removed yeah? So it's not like eBay where there's 7 or 10 days to sell? I think Play even let you list for free, only charge an insertion after it's sold... I think if they definitely only charge an insertion once sold they might be a place to start.

Edit- in regards to eBay is it a fair assumption or a massive leap to assume that watchers= somebody who will definitely bid, albeit snipe late for a lower price?

Edited by bowser123, 22 May 2011 - 09:15 AM.

#12 plopboy

plopboy

• Admin
  • 3,497 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:38 AM

Some watchers are just people who want to see how much their stuff is worth and others are people who may put a bid in later, hard to tell with some items, but. Imagine at least one or two watchers will bI'd later, if that helps.

#13 bowser123

bowser123

• Moderators
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(plopboy @ May 22 2011, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some watchers are just people who want to see how much their stuff is worth and others are people who may put a bid in later, hard to tell with some items, but. Imagine at least one or two watchers will bI'd later, if that helps.

Yeah, I think that's exactly how it went down, some where watching for their interest and some waiting to snipe. The total bids in no way correlated with the watchers, though the ones with the most watchers have by far garnered the most bids.

My favourite so far was a PS1 game that I put on at £10 and £15 BIN. Somebody places a bid for the £10, fair enough, thanks. Get a message 5 minutes later asking will I end it early for £12. No was my reply, rather let the auction play out. As the auction goes on it slowly creeps up and up before jumping from £20 to £29, way more than my initial BIN. Obviously I was happy that it went for twice it's going rate, but the funny thing was the person that offered low (12£) and refused to pay the 15£ BIN, was the same person bidding in the mid 20's at the end of the auction...

Also, I've not had to leave any negative feedback but what on earth are they thinking by not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback?

#14 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

• Admin
  • 8,859 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

It was their pathetic attempt to try and sort out the very real problem of shitty sellers leaving retaliatory feedback for buyers who dared to leave them negs. Time was that I wouldn't even leave a neg for sellers who had fucked me over with bootlegs, because I knew full well that they were waiting on leaving me feedback in order to see what I gave them first.

There are a number of better ways that eBay could have dealt with this, but they would have required more changes than just to one or two lines of code, and they're lazy fucks.

#15 bowser123

bowser123

• Moderators
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

Ah, I see, wasn't aware of that. I'm naive (or perhaps using the system as intended!) and leave feedback the second I update the post to say I've posted the thing/ provided the tracking number which is obviously well before the buyer has received the item.

That bootleg situation is incredibly shitty though, the lack of feedback leads people into buying from the crooks as opposed to being put off by honest comments. Hope you at least sent the things back for a refund though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users