Sonic Mega Collection Two – And Sonic PSP

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jakeway

Jakeway

Gentleman First

• 6,460 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:32 PM

the latest issue of Play magazine reveals that a Sonic Collection 2 is in the works for Nintendo's GameCube. Sonic CD and Sonic The Fighters are just two of the many games to be included in the collection. We can't confirm this, as we haven't seen the magazine.

A listing over at gamestop.com reveals that a Sonic game is in the works for Sony's PSP. The genre is listed as "Action, Adventure, Racing." It has a November release date and a $39.99 price tag. Right now, there's absolutely no information on what this is / could be, but regardless, it should make PSP-owning Sonic fans happy to hear.

I always thought there was some legal issue that kept Sonic CD from collection titles… oh well Sonic Fighters!

#2 Electric Boogaloo

Electric Boogaloo

Uncle Benon

• Founding Member
  • 5,277 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:33 PM

Sonic CD!! OMFGZ!!! Sonic on PSP best not be in the style of the Adventure titles. Sonic Adventure 1 was cool to show off the Dreamcast, Heroes was awful.

#3 Lyris

Lyris
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:15 PM

Hell yeah :D I hope Chaotix is on there as well, I have to say I did enjoy it. Wouldn't it be cool if they put a work in progress version (pretty far fetched, I know), or more possibly, videos of Sonic X-Treme on there?

#4 Smegaman

Smegaman

Nissan Powah!!1

• Donator
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:44 AM

I always thought there was some legal issue that kept Sonic CD from collection titles… oh well Sonic Fighters!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I know, they just cudn't get Mega CD emulation working in time for the original Sonic Mega Collection so it got cut out.

#5 Melody

Melody

Is probably playing WoW

• 1,165 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:07 AM

From what I know, they just cudn't get Mega CD emulation working in time for the original Sonic Mega Collection so it got cut out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or they wanted to make sure they had enough content for a second collection disc so as to make even more money lol :P

Their plan has worked seeing as I will probably buy this new game. :)

#6 Siri

Siri
  • Founding Member
  • 3,734 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:49 AM

Sonic Fighters on a console = Win Perhaps they will have Sonic R on the disk as well. Or do a Comix Zone and slap on Nights. COME ON :ph34r:

#7 Lyris

Lyris
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:00 AM

To get access to NiGHTS, you will first have to unlock Virtua Fighter Picture Gallery by starting Knuckles' Chaotix 80 times. Then, start the Virtua Fighter Picture Gallery 40 times to unlock NiGHTS!

#8 Ravon

Ravon

Come On !!!!!!

• 2,653 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:21 PM

I for one would like to see a sonic game for teh PSP.. Respect the GreenHillZone

#9 Rag`

Rag`
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:37 PM

If there's the possibility of NiGHTS, I wouldn't mind having Burning Rangers as well \o/

#10 Jakeway

Jakeway

Gentleman First

• 6,460 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:48 AM

It is true, Sonic Gems Collection

#11 Jakeway

Jakeway

Gentleman First

• 6,460 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:33 PM

The Press

Long-time Sonic fans, collectors, treasure hunters and newcomers to the series rejoice! The gem of all gems from the Sonic The Hedgehog family of products is coming this summer. Until now, the titles in this compilation have only been available in the arcade, on SEGA CD and on the SEGA Saturn. Sonic Gems Collection includes the ever-popular Sonic CD, the cult arcade hit Sonic The Fighters (Sonic Championship), and SEGA Saturn's very own Sonic R. Six of the most popular Sonic The Hedgehog Game Gear games will also be featured, as well as some other surprises, too!

#12 Jakeway

Jakeway

Gentleman First

• 6,460 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:18 AM

As if US (as in American) gamers needed yet another reason to wish they lived in Japan, here's another one for you: in addition to all the classic Sonic games that are coming in Sonic Gems Collection (the likes of which include Sonic CD, Sonic: The Fighters, and Sonic R, among others), Japanese gamers will be getting four more games that we aren't: Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2, Streets of Rage 3, and Bonanza Brothers.

Yes, Japanese Sonic fans are getting the entire Streets of Rage trilogy along with everything else in their version of Sonic Gems Collection.

Importers, however, take note: considering that most, if not all, of the games in this classic compilation are very text-light and/or do not require much knowledge of Japanese to play, importing the Japanese version of the collection when it comes out may actually be a very viable option, especially when one considers that we're talking about the Streets of Rage trilogy here.

Non-importers, you may now commence with the weeping and/or fist-shaking.

OMG WTF!

#13 Smegaman

Smegaman

Nissan Powah!!1

• Donator
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:41 AM

well, looks like I'm gettin another cute little Jpn GC case ^_^ tho I can't really see any reason not to have those 4 games on western versions either.

Edited by Smegaman, 17 June 2005 - 01:41 AM.

#14 Siri

Siri
  • Founding Member
  • 3,734 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 17 June 2005 - 09:43 AM

It's probably for when they bring out Sonic Gems Collection Plus half a year later, no doubt :P

#15 Smegaman

Smegaman

Nissan Powah!!1

• Donator
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:32 PM

aye on PS2 an Xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users