• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#1 TheShend

TheShend

You know it is, it really is!

• Founding Member
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:15 AM

I wasn't going to get stung the same way i was in rushing out to buy the original GBA. HAH!

Posted Image

Mmmmmm :wub:

Official Source

Here's some blurb knicked from ntsc ;) ^_^

The new DS Lite measures in at 133.0 x 73.9 x 21.5mm (as opposed to the originals size of 148.7 x 84.7 x 28.9mm) and will weigh in at about 218g (the original weighed 275g). The unit is currently set to retail in at about 16800 yen (around $145 USD).

Will look all nice and homogenous with me Rev come the end of this year!

Edited by TheShend, 26 January 2006 - 08:15 AM.

#2 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:43 AM

OOhhh man, that is very tasty from those pictures. Looks like i'll be buying a new one soon enough <_< Hopefully the screen sizes are the same.

#3 Guest_Jim Rob_*

Guest_Jim Rob_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:53 AM

fs... its the i DS.

#4 Liam

Liam

white wii wii....oooh oooh

• 1,854 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:14 AM

Ah fuck I want one. Looks like a march 2nd release.

Edited by Liam, 26 January 2006 - 09:17 AM.

#5 Ginger Tosser

Ginger Tosser

You f*cking whore

• Donator
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:49 AM

Looks like DS purchase 2 for me!

Babel fish translation of the page.

The Nintendo Co. corporation (the Kyoto Itiminami Ku: Satoru Iwata president) on March 2nd this year, it hits against, the superior model of portable type video game machine "ニンテンドー DS" "ニ ン ten ド - DS Lite" manufacturer desired retail price 16 and 800 Yen (including tax: Private AC adapter attachment) with we sell. We started domestic sale on 2004 December 2nd "ニンテンドー DS" (including tax desired retail price 15 and 000 Yen), the doubles cleanliness and the touch screen, microphone input and wireless communication (local communication and Wi? The result and the domestic sum total cell through quantity as for everyone who Fi communication) and the like fully loads unique function, is enjoyed the video game from the past of course, until now also one time has not been done the game and receive support even in the customer of many women and senior layer (from the retail store the actual sale quantity to the customer) after the selling within 13 months 5000000 units breaking (most speed in all the video game machines which were sold so far in the country; The MediaCreate corporation) it does to inspect, for the country of 2005 end of year point in time the sale quantity has reached to 5700000. This corporation sells this time new as for "ニンテンドー DSLite", "ニ ン ten ド - DS" being unique, as for colorful function by the fact that that way, the substance thin shape is lightened more to raise portable characteristic, it is the superior type which loads the brightness control function of 4 stages whose it is possible furthermore to make the picture bright. ("It is light", "it is bright", we have named "Lite" from meaning.) As for Nintendo Co., it designates the existence in the portable type game machine market furthermore it is complete & expands the attractive corresponding software which you can enjoy to the your wide customer regardless of the presence of age sex game experience, not only, with throwing the superior model, this "ニンテンドー DS Lite", as more firm ones, starts actualizing preponderant spread. Trade name: ニンテンドー DS (D s) Lite (light/write) sale day: 2006 March 2nd manufacturer desired retail price: 16 and 800 Yen (including tax) size: (Side) 133.0 × (length) 73.9 × (thickness) 21 5mm (you fold, the time) [ reference ] until recently the model (side) 148.7 × (length) 84.7 × (thickness) 28. 9mm weight: 218g [ reference ] until recently model 275g

Edited by Ginger Tosser, 26 January 2006 - 09:56 AM.

#6 Jakeway

Jakeway

Gentleman First

• 6,460 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:31 AM

I dont have a DS, so I’ll buy the last version if it turns out to be a lot cheaper. I wish they’d stop doing so many redesigns. I still haven’t got a GBA SP… and I still really like one.

#7 Lyrical Donut

Lyrical Donut
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:03 AM

Ah, it's lovely. Same d-pad as the micro / rev too. Possibly the best d-pad ever!

Pre order get!

http://www.play-asia...en-70-17a2.html

#8 SniperDave

SniperDave

The Pokémon Prof

• Founding Member
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:32 AM

I'm satisfied with what I've got tbh. If they'ed done something to make it more comfortable to hold I might have been interested but its just a bit smaller, flatter and iPodier, which is nice I suppose but my pockets already accomedate my DS comfortably enough.

#9 Pacman

Pacman

im in ur bus guidin ur passengers

• 5,717 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:54 AM

It's nice, but an uncomfortable rectangle shape AGAIN? Hmm. No. I think I'll wait a while tbh, I'm happy with the DS I've got, with my Micro for uber portable gaming.

#10 Siri

Siri
  • Founding Member
  • 3,734 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:02 PM

I'd totally get it for the significantly improved buttons and D-Pad alone. March 2nd release date as well apparently, so I'll have ample time to trade the old one in in preparation for launch. The price tag is quite nice at around 145USD as well, which is about a tenner slashed off of the original's RRP. I might wait to see which bit they've skimped on first, though.

#11 Ginger Tosser

Ginger Tosser

You f*cking whore

• Donator
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:13 PM

I've pre-ordered :P

#12 Garibaldi

Garibaldi

All hail King Biscuit!

• Founding Member
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:01 PM

Erm, looks exactly the same to me, albeit a little thinner.

#13 Ravon

Ravon

Come On !!!!!!

• 2,653 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:14 PM

I hated the design of the DS, and to much cheap plastic used. This looks a lot better imho. Dunno if i would buy one though, i sold my DS as it didnt get played on enough.

#14 Garibaldi

Garibaldi

All hail King Biscuit!

• Founding Member
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:21 PM

I sold my DS as it didnt get played on enough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have no soul!

Back to the topic at hand, pandering to the Apple generation with these asthetics aside ( yeah, you Liam ), I can't imagine what a smaller DS would do to my hands on playing something which doesn't use the touch-screen ( Mario Kart already causes agony after about one course ).

#15 Liam

Liam

white wii wii....oooh oooh

• 1,854 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:36 PM

It's actually not that much smaller...only marginally. I'm more interested in the nicer colour and shape. The only thing I dislike about the DS is how the bottom half is a totally different design to the top half.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users