• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheShend

TheShend

You know it is, it really is!

• Founding Member
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

Played and completed this just after Xmas.

Probably one of the most entertaining FPS I've played in a good long while. About 6 hrs of campaign. Each level introduces some fun new mechanic or an inventive take on level design, then dumping it and moving on to another one. I was honestly quite surprised. Some of the ideas could span an entire game on their own.

This game also makes you feel like a complete badass. Traversal about the map is an immense amount of fun. Getting the drop on a group of grunts, whizzing about walls to escape, then drop sliding into a titan for some heavy duty craic.

You come across several titans through the story and pick up their 'loadouts' which you can switch between at will, adding variety to the big buggers to help you tackle the game. It can be a bit confusing getting used to the amount of stuff you can do with them though.

All in all this is a very accomplished game. Lots of ideas which never out stay their welcome, a story which whizzes along just nicely and looks bloody lovely. Some of the levels/set pieces are stunning.

I'm too short on time for multiplayer, but I believe it's very good. I had a few games but my skill level was too poor to put up much resistance. So I left it. I will keep hold of this game for another run through campaign though.

#2 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

I thought this was really great. Second best campaign of 2016 - and I think we can say that Doom being so amazing was not expected by anyway. Just great fun to play, doesn't take itself too seriously and has lots of fun gimmicks, none of which outstay their welcome and are all super well executed. Actually, there are a couple I can think of where I was a bit disappointed they were taken from me! There's definitely one which I think will stay with everyone who plays it because the setups they design around it are so good.

Again, not a multi kind of guy but I do think I got my money's worth from the single player even at full price. Just a really consistent, high quality experience with no fat on it. 5-6 hours is what the game clock says but a lesser developer would have stretched that out to 10 and I don't think people would have complained that much.

#3 davejm

davejm

Joy.Discovery.Invention

• Admin
  • 3,646 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:06 AM

Wow, I had no idea the single player campaign was good?  I liked the look of it, but assumed it'd be a token inclusion.   Will look out for a cheap deal for it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Xbone, PS4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users