16 replies to this topic

#16 plopboy

plopboy

I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses

• Admin
  • 3,491 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:36 AM

I know I'm a bit late to the game, but this one has really hooked me into the series and I'm not sure why.

For the first time the combat has clicked and experimenting with different heat finishes is really fun, traffic cone has been my favourite so far.

Side stories now are fun and not distracting (Bad Dads) and then way the main story twists and weaves keeps pulling me back. 

And Majima is great. Usually getting interrupted as your navigating the map to your next destination annoys me in most games but even normal fights never outstay their welcome and when Majima turns up I just smile. It helps his difficulty is toned down from the first time you meet him. I also like the fact I've met him in other places.

Even though the map is much smaller than say GTA, it seems to be more alive and the main characters you meet have some much about them.

I got the steel book version, not because I'm a collector of steels books but it was a fiver cheaper on Amazon than the normal version and I'm glad I did as it has an awesome back cover

yakuza201x8j.jpg

#17 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:55 PM

Yeah, the steel book on this one is wonderful. Really great stuff, I've just finished my 2nd 100% run on 0 so I won't get to Kiwami this month, probably start it late next month so that I'll finish it just in time for my copy of Kiwami 2 to arrive from Japan.

But experimenting with the heat moves (and your moves lists in general) is the way to go, really fun to see all the different moves you have on offer. The combat is never the most challenging in any action games I play but it might be the most flashy, plus its so damn satisfying when you manage to chain together a combo or two into a counter into a badass heat move!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS3, PS4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users