• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#31 nips

nips
  • Donator
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:55 AM

PMs:

It would be good if when you tab out of the text it went straight to send...

But, when I try to send from the original text it doesn't work, I have to preview it first... equally the red box on receiving a PM is better than the normal text that it is currently imho.

#32 Super Stu

Super Stu
  • 13,675 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:16 AM

Sorry mate, can you explain that again? I got the tab order bit, I'm not sure what you mean by the rest. PM notification hasn't (or shouldn't have) changed at all.

#33 nips

nips
  • Donator
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:13 PM

Sorry, I tried to reply to a PM, started typing in the text box, and when I pressed tab to send it it went straight to preview or some-such. The button next to send. I tried to click send then and it wouldn't work for me. I clicked it a few times but it just seemed like a dead button. I pressed preview, then a new page loaded and I was only then able to send it.

Also when I received the PM it was just on a regular background, not in a red box like it used to be which used to make it much easier to spot.

Tbh, I was half-cut when I send the message, so maybe I was just fucking up, but I'm pretty sure it was bollocksd.

#34 Super Stu

Super Stu
  • 13,675 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:32 PM

You're right, they've changed the PM alert up the top there. We'll have to change the colour of the text, it doesn't stand out too well.

I don't use the tab button mate, tis all mouse. I don't know if you can alter the tab order, or if it just goes through them in the code as they appear. If a button goes dead though, it's because it's already been pressed.

About what time did you try and send it? The load on the server is high at night at the moment, because it's doing all the backup tasks etc on a single old processor.

edit - yeah, you're right on that too, the tab order on the PM window is fucked. In honesty folks, I knew this skin would be "workable" rather than perfect, but aesthetics have to come secondary to security, and this update needed installing.

If you can bear with it for time being, the new skin is being worked on meanwhile.

#35 nips

nips
  • Donator
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:10 PM

Honestly, man, I'm not criticising, just putting forward things that have changed, I agree security first, but was just something I noticed.

I tried to sent it seconds before I posted. It just wouldn't click at all, and my browser wasn't implying it was doing anything either.

#36 laser

laser

The weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you

• Donator
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:48 PM

That's standard behaviour that IPB does - the old one does it too. When a button is selected, the others are deactivated (this is to prevent you sending a PM twice I guess). I noticed it when you edit a post, then want to edit it some more, hitting back the Submit button is diabled.

#37 Jesus

Jesus
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:03 PM

Hmmm, cant seem to log out...trapped forever ohmy.gif

#38 Super Stu

Super Stu
  • 13,675 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:05 PM

It's a problem with the skin, a new one is being made.

Please select Delete all cookies set by this board towards the bottom of the main forum index.

#39 Jesus

Jesus
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:08 PM

Thanks. Cant vote in polls either...

#40 Jakeway

Jakeway

Gentleman First

• 6,460 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:09 PM

Also, If the page is saving your password in the text box even after deleting cookies, type in the wrong password and click log in. The page should now save this wrong password.

And you can only Vote in polls when you have 30 posts.... or somthing like that.

#41 Super Stu

Super Stu
  • 13,675 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:10 PM

Hmm, I would use the Firefox/IE options thing to delete passwords if they're being saved in a public/shared computer. In fact, that facility shouldn't even be switched on for such computers.

Polls are unfortunately limited to full members only, which requires you reach 25 posts. It's a small system in place to stop people registering and affecting Impressions votes.

#42 laser

laser

• Donator
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:30 PM

You can change to the beta skin using the skin selection skin at the bottom of the page. It's a bit ugly, but features such as logging out work.

#43 Chadruharazzeb

Chadruharazzeb

Kosher burger - with cheese!!!

• 3,504 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

I've got Auto Correct DST enabled in my profile but the clock is still 1 hour slow.

#44 laser

laser

• Donator
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:42 PM

It seems okay to me. Perhaps a skin bug? Do you want to try and see if it does it in the Beta skin?

#45 Chadruharazzeb

Chadruharazzeb

Kosher burger - with cheese!!!

• 3,504 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:47 PM

Think it was a caching glitch my end. It's ok now ta.

btw, that new skin is a bit abstract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users