#227 plopboy

plopboy

I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses

• Admin
  • 3,497 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

No worries :)

Though I think there was talk about bring back the impressions index, as was it created programmatically or by hand?

#228 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

Just as you suspected, everything I have told you is gibberish

• Admin
  • 8,859 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

The index that dave had put together meant that the thread wasn't necessary any longer. Unfortunately, the index stopped working some time ago, on the old board software, and the thread itself hadn't been updated forever because of its existence. As a result, I figured it was best to shunt the thread out of the board, as it was kind of embarassing, sitting at the top of Impressions, not updated and containing a broken link.

The tags should help you search for games on specific consoles, once I get off my arse and add them to all of the old threads.

#229 bowser123

bowser123

Habadoodee! With a Reep-a-nazza.

• Moderators
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

Yeah, understand why the thread was moved. Guess it's deleted rather than moved or invisible? Though it's not important anymore I guess given how I was shown how to use Googles search instead.

Just had a go and changed a few of my old threads to include tags. Quick and easy to do. Infact the hardest thing was finding a thread I started to experiment on, made harder by the forum only going back a year when listing the topics I started. This a limitation of the software or can it be toggled?

If you want I am willing to work back and add tags to the old impressions posts. Will need temporary access to whatever group can edit posts (mod I guess?) but yeah I don't mind doing it. Will almost certainly be quicker than when I helped update the index thread Singho started, that's for sure.

#230 davejm

davejm

Joy.Discovery.Invention

• Admin
  • 3,646 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

Before putting the effort in to do that, I am going to see if I can write a script that converts the old forum values (that were in the sub-title) to tags.  If the data is there still, which I assume it is, then this should be possible.

#231 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

• Admin
  • 8,859 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

Cheers dave.

I didn't delete that thread, bowser - Singho had put a lot of work into it and I wasn't prepared to bin all of that effort. I think i just unpinned it, but I might have moved it into the Archive. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Oh, and you've got moderator access now, by the way.

#232 bowser123

bowser123

Habadoodee! With a Reep-a-nazza.

• Moderators
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Before putting the effort in to do that, I am going to see if I can write a script that converts the old forum values (that were in the sub-title) to tags.  If the data is there still, which I assume it is, then this should be possible.

Started it, got bored! It is quick and painless though monotonous, think I got to the 6th page. I'll do more in bursts periodically, not fussed as to which ever comes first (me manually, your script) as it's no issue for me to do it. I've been referencing Wikipedia so all my entries should be accurate, though I didn't look at any that already had tags.

#233 davejm

davejm

Joy.Discovery.Invention

• Admin
  • 3,646 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

Nice one mate, was gonna do it on my day off yesterday but decided to have a duvet day instead, hehe.

#234 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

• Admin
  • 8,859 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

Just popping in quickly to say that I've not abandoned this place, in case anybody was wondering. I've not got internet access at home since moving and I can't really afford it at the moment. If and when I'm back up and running, I'll be around more regularly again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users