Tapatalk

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

Does anyone use tapatalk on their phones for viewing forums?

Just wondering if there would be any interest in having this site capable of it.

Would mean updating the forum software and all, but if there is demand for it then we can look into it. So, suggestions then please.

#2 Valken

Valken

FEVER TIME!

• 3,037 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

I just use my phone's browser as-is.

Is there, or can we have a skin more suited to mobile browsing?

#3 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

Could certainly look into that. I'm probably not the best person to utilise something like that, mind. I take it it'd need to be narrower at the very least. Maybe less graphically intensive. No avatars or summit.

#4 SniperDave

SniperDave

The Pokémon Prof

• Founding Member
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

I can't even get it to download to check it out. I go to their download page on my BB and it just 404s.

#5 Seph

Seph

Contains Full Frontal Nerdity

• 2,255 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

I'd certainly use it if it were available.

The main reason I don't browse the forum on my phone is the lack of an iPhone friendly version.

#6 Adrock

Adrock
  • Admin
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

I'll look into a phone friendly GHZ then, that'd probably be as good as Tapatalk considering we'd need to upgrade to IPB 3, which will cost a fair whack.

I'm not up to date with computing stuff anymore, been out of the game for 4 years now, but I'll try!

#7 Le Spank

Le Spank
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:01 AM

Any further news here? I've just got myself an Android phone and tapatalk works really well for using forums on the go. I would use it if it was available but understand that cost might be prohibitive!

So tapatalk or a mobile browser version would be great. To be honest the only thing that causes trouble is the zooming/scrolling. Larger text and narrow columns with usernames above the post instead of to the side would fix it nicely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users