Grand Theft Auto IV

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#31 Chadruharazzeb

Chadruharazzeb

Kosher burger - with cheese!!!

• 3,504 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:19 AM

KWTT - the chat radio station. The chat stations are always the best things to listen to in GTA games so far this has been no exception. Following an advert of a knife-thrower the DJ declares "Man, I would love to get paid to throw knives at bitches. I would be a bitch-knife throwing motherfucker."

Plus there's an interview with Gervais which is most amusing.

#32 Cardos

Cardos

Pop a Pi▀wasser

• Donator
  • 535 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(Chadruharazzeb @ Apr 30 2008, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly how do you dial on the mobile? There's several phone numbers all over the place, including one which tells you what music is playing, but the amazing phone doesn't seem to have any numbers on it.

Push UP on dpad for phone, push UP again to get to the numberpad, then use dpad to move around and A to select the numbers.

Re Ricky Gervais, I saw a stand up session when I watched the TV in Romans pad smile.gif 'Which was your favourite war?' biggrin.gif

Edited by Cardos, 30 April 2008 - 09:28 AM.

#33 Chadruharazzeb

Chadruharazzeb

• 3,504 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

Ahaaaa!! Nice one. According to Eurogamer you can dial 948-555-0100 and the game will text you the artist and song name. I may take advantage of this pleasing service when I get bored of the chat station. I've only heard three songs so far, one was a really old obscure REM song (Turn You Inside Out) and the other was Smashing Pumpkins (1979). Which were nice to hear but I swapped instantly to KWTT.

#34 Jakeway

Jakeway

Gentleman First

• 6,460 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:44 AM

Does it work well with Custom Soundtracks? I would assume it's an extra channel on the readio or something right?

#35 Singho

Singho

U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:25 PM

36 flavours of titty!

#36 DjSatansfury

DjSatansfury
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:26 PM

Driving is a hell of a lot harder, isnt it? Or is it just me? I dont know if the alt controls are any better, but the brake on RB is a pain as well.

Radio is a bit shit too, no decent metal tracks, just a shitty Hardcore station. Mind you i heard Phil Collins and Nitzer Ebb earlier, so not all bad.

Gameplay seems pretty alright so far.

#37 Corrupt Rose

Corrupt Rose

Invaders must be scolded sternly

• 3,031 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

I'm finding the driving easier. I crash a whole lot less than I ever did in the older games, even in high-speed situations.

#38 davejm

davejm

Joy.Discovery.Invention

• Admin
  • 3,646 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:33 PM

Driving is awesome for me.... SOOooo much easier. I switched to bonnet cam, and I'm hardly hitting anything. I'm flying myself round corners with the handbrake no problem. I'm bloody loving this, I really am. I've been bombing around doing taxi runs, the driving is so enjoyable.

Edited by davejm, 30 April 2008 - 10:33 PM.

#39 Chadruharazzeb

Chadruharazzeb

• 3,504 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:43 AM

What the fuck is Little Jacob saying?

I really need to start doing more pissing about on this. It is usually the thing I do the most on GTA games, missions only coming into it when I've had enough exploration and want to open another island. So far I've really done nothing but missions, a few trips to the pub and that surreal cabaret aside.

I am delighted now that I have finally found some weapons, and indeed a weapons shop (not Ammunation but never mind) although it never has any stock.

Ynerghn, I have never at any time found an insane stunt jump, a glowing pigeon, a hidden package, or a skyscraper to look off the top of.

#40 Ravon

Ravon

Come On !!!!!!

• 2,653 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:53 AM

ah little jacob the raster, i really got in to one of his missions , driving around in a hummer listening to some gangster rap just before i swung around the corner, a couple of homies who were trying to do a runner.. managed to hit one with my car so he stumbled to the ground, i jumped out and capped that bitches he was trying to get up, jumped back into the hummer and ran the other two down. All in a good days work..

#41 Gunstar

Gunstar

Running out of Turbo

• 845 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:07 PM

One question: are there BMX bikes?

#42 Mackerel

Mackerel

Oh hullo.

• Donator
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(Gunstar @ May 1 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One question: are there BMX bikes?

I dunno about BMX bikes but I nicked a mountain bike off some hapless passerby in East Hook.

#43 Gunstar

Gunstar

Running out of Turbo

• 845 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:17 PM

They're great in San Andreas, suppose Mountain Bikes will do. Can you still climb gates/roofs?

#44 Ravon

Ravon

Come On !!!!!!

• 2,653 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:32 PM

i have climbed over a few fences

#45 Guest_Rathen_*

Guest_Rathen_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:21 PM

Climbing is a wonderfully fun time actually. Finding new places especially in multiplayer. Sexytimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users