U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 10:17 PM

Yes Yes...a Wrestling thread. So to save some of you the bother

*LOL GAY
*LOL SWEATY MEN, GRABBING EACHOTHER
*What are you? 2?!

Dont really watch wrestling much, but I have been the past week and a half. Managed to wake up early one saturday morning and switched on the tv to find that ECW is back!

Doesnt seem to be no half assed attempt either. Kurt Angle has defected! Tazz, and also...The Big Show. ;o Theyve also managed to get all of the classic wrestlers back, and those that dissapeared without a trace. Sabu, RVD, Terry Funk, Sandman and Tommy Dreamer to name a few.

Ive been hooked to it again because of this...ECW coming back...and in a big way. Unbelievable. Theyve managed to get a decent amount of conflict in with this arc...its actually been good! I remember when they had the whole WWF vs WCW vs ECW thing that they wrapped up in 2 weeks...then back peddled and made the two Raw\Smackdown stables. _ THEN...Fucking up the nWo...bastards.

Tonight is the ECW: One Night Stand Pay Per View (Sky Sports One 1am-4am) AND...it will have its own weekly show again! The Matches at ECW: One Night Stand are...

Sabu vs Rey Mysterio: LOL...If Rey doesnt die in this, bullshit!
John Cena vs RVD: RVD!!!! RVD FTW! If Cena wins, fucking bullshit! Couldnt believe that he agreed to let Cena to "tap him out"...I cant wait for the cuntish crowd to boo him the fuck out tbh. laugh.gif
Tazz vs Jerry The King Lawler: LOL...I want Tazz to win this, even though King is funny, he is a cunt at times. CHOKE HIM THE FUCK OUT.
Kurt Angle vs Randy "Im a Gimp" Orton: KURT!!! YEAAAAAAAAH!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Speaking of Kurt, the guys personality change suits him. His constant shouting and "YEAHHH!" trying to psyche himself up is ph34r.gif His music remixed at the beggining sounds ace too. Kurt is the man! biggrin.gif

But yeah, all of a sudden Wrestling seems to be much better. For those that dont know, ECW is the "Extreme Championship Wrestling". It mainly had stupidly dangerous matches such as barb wire matches, and generally no rules but to kick the fuck out of whoever was there in the ring. The crowds are mainly cunts as well and used to throw in chairs whenever they felt like it. Probably at times...TOO VIOLENT tbh...but yeah, nothing is as funny watching 2 blokes fall from a scaffold onto the ropes, and then bouncing into the concrete. rolleyes.gif

Ummm one more thing, how ace are the Video footage editors on WWE. Theres this one trailer with ECW invading Raw and kicking Cena's ass...the music, the video editing...fantastic tbh. For those sceptical about this new wrestling thing, watch it...or I could quickly upload some vids of the weeks gone by of the highlights.

Sabu...Bloke on table, Flying leg drop from the top rope using the chair as guilotine. >_:kakashi:

#2 Olympichero

Olympichero
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 11:26 PM

lol was thinking about making this topic today actually.

Been getting back into wrestling for the past 3/4 weeks, WWE for entertainment and some of the indy/japanese feds for good wrestling matches. Some of the gimmicks are awesome, KING BOOKER for example.

WWE vs ECW has been what the invasion angle should have been 5 years ago, at least they're putting stuff right. Bit annoyed tonights PPV will not be mainly ECW guys fighting each other but it should still have some good matches. I'm looking forward more to the atmosphere and crowd reactions than the actual matches.

Singho you missed out
Foley and Edge vs Dreamer and Funk you botch

also tonight,

The FBI vs Super Crazy and Tajiri

Starts in just over half an hour now, pretty pumped for this PPV, moreso than anything they've put on this year anyway.

Edited by Olympichero, 12 June 2006 - 11:41 PM.

#3 davejm

davejm

Joy.Discovery.Invention

• Admin
  • 3,646 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:28 AM

Comedy panto featuring big-men in tights? HELL YEAH!! biggrin.gif

This ECW thing is pretty interesting, and it'll be good to see where they go with it. Did anyone catch the first actual ECW show? It was on sometime last week on SS3.

So what was last nights PPV like?

I wonder where the WWE is going in the long term. I doubt they can carry 3 shows (RAW, Smackdown and ECW) but they have drafted in a LOT of the old ECW talent, so I guess it's a possibility. I just wonder if RAW and Smackdown are going to suffer, as Smackdown in particular has been pretty poor lately. I think they may stick to two shows, a WWE show (probably RAW) and then ECW.

RAW has been pretty good lately, I must say... and the HHH, Shawn Michaels and Mr McMahon story has been pretty funny. They're blatantly building up to a DX return.

#4 Olympichero

Olympichero
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(davejm @ Jun 12 2006, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This ECW thing is pretty interesting, and it'll be good to see where they go with it. Did anyone catch the first actual ECW show? It was on sometime last week on SS3.

So what was last nights PPV like?

Really? Was it cut to shreds or did they run the whole thing?

PPV was good, I thought the last one was better but definately had lots of holy shit moments ( http://www.youtube.c...w...t stand ecw for example). That finish did annoy me but I guess it was worth it. Cena got absolutely shit on too which was funny.

Overall definately worth staying up and watching.

Also, Funk is 61 years old and still nearly getting his eye ripped out with barbed wire. blink.gif

Edited by Olympichero, 12 June 2006 - 02:33 PM.

#5 davejm

davejm

Joy.Discovery.Invention

• Admin
  • 3,646 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:42 PM

I didn't catch it last week, although it looks like they're showing the new ECW weekly show on Sky Sports 3 at Sundays at 10pm...

http://www.sky.com/s...5274270,00.html

#6 Olympichero

Olympichero
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:44 PM

Yeah, hope they don't edit it too much, Sunday nights means it'll knock the shows out of synch though. Not that I'm too bothered, I don't usually watch Smackdown.

Also for any lol wrestling is fake gay men lol watch these http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/mash o_O

Edit: Some GIFs of the show I stole elsewhere

Sabu and Rey Mysterio

Hardcore Tag Match

Foley falls into a barbed wire board...while on fire

Edge's rape pin B)

Show destroying Mamaluke

Apologies to any 56k'ers out there ;p

Edited by Olympichero, 12 June 2006 - 11:51 PM.

#7 Singho

Singho

U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:02 PM

LOL, ace gifs Oly!

Well, just finished watching the ECW: One Night Stand 2006, and it certainly was entertaining. Better than any Wrestlemania or any other "PPV" ive seen...since...shit...EVER.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Match ended contravercially, but hey! Best way to sell and gain viewers to the next ppv and show. biggrin.gif

Just watched last nights RAW as well...Cena is gonna go to ECW tommorow and do what the hell he wants... biggrin.gif Should be interesting. Edge and Lita will also be present...Im predicting that one of them might end up staying... ;o

Also...DX seemed to have reformed, well, two of them, HBK and HHH...YAWN! nWo > DX!!!!!

Gonna definatley watch the new ECW show as soon as it hits the interweb. happy.gif

#8 hankwang

hankwang

please stop typing William

• Founding Member
  • 8,666 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(Olympichero @ Jun 12 2006, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also for any lol wrestling is fake gay men lol watch these http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/mash o_O

And the CROWNING SHINING EXAMPLE... http://www.youtube.c...U...20in a cell

Fake? Okay, I'll toss you off a 16 foot cell onto the ground and see if you actually get up and finish a match.

EDIT: lol, some of the commentary during that match is genius, when he takes the second chokeslam through the top of the cage

King: "That's it, he's dead." laugh.gif

#9 Olympichero

Olympichero
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:33 PM

ECW show is totally shit. That is all.

#10 davejm

davejm

Joy.Discovery.Invention

• Admin
  • 3,646 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:15 PM

Why so Oly? Same ole' WWE gumpf like?

#11 Singho

Singho

U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:41 PM

I thought it was great, but the reason it was shit...45 minutes, wtf?!

I suppose that just shows how much filler Raw and Smackdown have. laugh.gif

Also, thinking about it, some of the old ECW wrestlers must be pissed that they are being used as jobbers\platforms for the WWE stars. First notable one was Sabu vs Cena...they had him saved by Big Show when Cena went for the submission, wtf! Justin Credible gets raped by Kurt Angle, Tommy Dreamer by Edge and RVD was getting owned up hard by Cena, what a joke!

I thought the Battle Royal was kind of decent though, especially the Air Sabu flying chair shot into Big Show's fat head. laugh.gif

I reckon its to try and get ECW back on screens with the help of well known stars to give it that extra boost. Then hopefully, the ECW lot will become household names as much as the Raw\Smackdown goons.

Even though it could be called a bit meh, it is its first show AND just the fighting has pissed all over what Ive seen on Smackdown and Raw over the past few years tbh.

#12 Olympichero

Olympichero
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:31 PM

Right, 45 minutes for their first show.

1st 10 minutes is basically a WWE promo for Vengeance (Cena and Edge running in etc.). The crowd booed Rob Van Dam, cheered Cena, there were 0 chants throughout the whole night by the way (ECW is shot before Smackdown which would explain it).

Then Sandman came out hit some shitty zombie character (yep, apparently since the show is on Sci-Fi they're trying to shoehorn some shitty gimmicks in) with a cane to win their match, his entrance took longer than the match.

Promos for vengeance/ecw for about 5-10 minutes, and then a replay of the whole Tazz vs Jerry Lawler match (including entrances) for 5-10 minutes.

Now Angle came out (things are looking up now right? Nope) and squashed Justin Credible in less than 5 minutes. Then we got replays of what happened 15 minutes earlier in the show (Cena/Edge) for more Vengeance hype.

Some stripper girl took her clothes off for another 5 minutes.

Then a battle royal where Big Show eliminated everyone except Sabu setting up a Sabu vs John Cena match at Vengeance (which we saw all of 7 days ago on the WWE vs ECW show).

One of the worst shows I've ever seen, including WCW :/

#13 davejm

davejm

Joy.Discovery.Invention

• Admin
  • 3,646 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:19 PM

"It's Still Real To Me Dammit"!!....

http://www.youtube.c.....still wrestle

biggrin.gif

#14 Singho

Singho

U CAN'T SEE MEEE!

• Admin
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:11 PM

E C DUB!
E C DUB!
E C DUB!
E C DUB!
E C DUB!

XD

Watched the Rise and Fall of ECW dvd today, pretty interesting, tons of stuff I didnt know about the wrestlers, the business and the fueds. Reccomended tbh! Shame, as a company, they were finnally getting on their feet only to fucked in its last few days.

ECW are at RAW today, I reckon for once ECW wont be jobbers this time, and hopefully leave with an impact setting up for their show the next day.

DX are back as well...

laugh.gif

I didnt really like DX...but the Road Dogg was awesome! DAAA NAAA NAAAA...OH YOU DIDNT KNOW?! xd.gif Also, this is legendary...

LOL, I love this. xd.gif

"What does a brother look like, an AARDVARK?!" LOL, oh and MIZARK HENRY...

/me runs to the corner buckle and spazzes out. xD

#15 hankwang

hankwang

please stop typing William

• Founding Member
  • 8,666 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:18 PM

I loved DX xd.gif They were the reason I watched through the Attitude era, week in week out it was funny skit followed by a-grade matches even when Billy "I'M SO STIFF I'LL BREAK ALL OF YOUR NECKS" Gunn was in the ring.

The Corporation skit was class as well. "Mr. Brisco... does my ass taste good?" xd.gif

So... if the WWE title is now on ECW... then what's acting as a title for RAW?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users