206 replies to this topic

#196 E. Randy Dupre

E. Randy Dupre

Just as you suspected, everything I have told you is gibberish

• Admin
  • 8,851 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

I'm baffled as to why anybody other than Capcom (money in the bank for the minimum effort, innit) thought that playing a game that requires absolute precision of timing and control with a touchscreen was a good idea.

#197 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, the ios ports of 1-6 are shameful. Digital Foundry showed them off here:

It sounds like a complete mess performance wise, and that's ignoring the obvious issue of touch screen controls for a game like Mega Man. Then again Capcom doesn't care about the franchise so I'm not surprised in the least. In my dreams Way Forward or Yaught Club end up with the series - Way Forward totally rocks with the Shantae series and their gorgeous pixel art (as well as some other awesome games like Thor for the DS, and Contra IV for the DS), Yaught Club made Shovel Knight - which is so much better than Mighty No. 9 that its not even funny. Its also easily one of the best Mega Man styled games ever made, and its continuing to get amazing free DLC updates. So buy Shovel Knight (its available on almost every platform).

As for poor Mega Man, well he has a new animated series coming out that'll probably be rubbish, might get a game out of it though, which will probably be rubbish as well  but heck I'd still buy it.

#198 qazimod

qazimod

• Founding Member
  • 2,453 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:16 PM

Legacy Collection 2 is coming in August, featuring MMs 7 to 10:

http://www.capcom-un...-pc-this-august

#199 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

The big news on this collection is that 9 and 10 are finally getting physical releases, with all DLC to boot. So of course I'll be buying them! (The challenge mode is just the icing on the cake). I fear the worst for Mega Man 8 though, as this is Capcom there is no way they don't cheap out and go with the Playstation port over the Saturn version :(

#200 uiruki

uiruki
  • Founding Member
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:15 PM

Isn't it by Frank Cifaldi's band of crazy men though? If they don't put both in I might be surprised!

#201 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:39 AM

Isn't it by Frank Cifaldi's band of crazy men though? If they don't put both in I might be surprised!

Nah, I don't believe they are working on this one :( Its either an internal Capcom project or its been farmed out to someone else... Just pray they didn't go back to the team that botched the PS2 collection, else 7 and 8 are screwed!

#202 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

So its 30 years later yet the Mega Man bosses still manage to be some of the most fun in any game I've ever played... At the moment I'm going through the first 6 games trying to perfect my runs on the bosses. First up was Fire Man, a boss who has been a thorn in my side for years... Its all because I was impatient, turns out if you follow a very precise pattern he ends up becoming a piece of cake:

Ditto with Elec Man, both have hilariously easy strategies when you know how (and when you don't they are nightmares! This is going to make my Wily Fortress 4 run much, much easier. Now onto mastering the Mega Man 2 bosses...

#203 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:30 AM

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 is now on sale, picked it up this morning but won't be able to play it until tonight. Challenge mode sounds really fun, I'll grab a couple of vids of it when I have the chance. Pity that they went with the Playstation version of 8 but that was entirely expected.

Oh, and in terms of MM2 bosses, I managed the almost seemingly impossible feat of beating Wood Man without taking damage:

Yeah, he's a pain to leap over... Can't do Air Man without taking damage though, he's borderline impossible most of the time.

#204 qazimod

qazimod

• Founding Member
  • 2,453 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:35 AM

Anyone seen this? I know modding things isn't new, especially with games like Mega Man, but this looks a lot more user-friendly than most other stuff I've seen:

Edited by qazimod, 19 August 2017 - 07:35 AM.

#205 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

I've seen this. Not something I'm overly interested in since the issue I have with fan games is usually really bad level design!

#206 TheShend

TheShend

You know it is, it really is!

• Founding Member
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

https://twitter.com/...872146118959104

A bargain!

#207 shadowman

shadowman
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam Profile

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:14 AM

Gotta love the crazy MM prices at the moment. Glad I got what I wanted when I had the chance, as prices are higher all across the board now. Even the price I paid for PAL X3 on the Snes is cheap in comparison (and trust me, that game was not cheap!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users